PDA

View Full Version : P9 Rust?

Njayhawk
02-19-2010, 05:44 PM
As I was cleaning my P9 the other day I noticed some discoloration on the inside of the slide. Is this rust? How would I go about removing it?

In-Yo-Grill
02-19-2010, 08:27 PM
My P45 has discoloration in the exact same spot. I don't think it's rust.

jocko
02-20-2010, 06:18 AM
As I was cleaning my P9 the other day I noticed some discoloration on the inside of the slide. Is this rust? How would I go about removing it?

not rust but I am at a loss to tell you what it is. I have seen this on other kahrs and inside of some glocks to. I sometime wonder it if it could be in the process of the dlc/tennifer finish, as it is always on the under side of the slide where they don't do the super finish work there like they do the visible outter side.
It certainly willnot rust there nor peel, so just shoot it like you stole it.:cheer2:

RogerP9fan
07-13-2010, 09:47 PM
are the stainless models less prone to this?

Roadblock
07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
All of them are stainless... It's just that one is raw glass beaded stainless (no finish) and the others are matte blackened stainless.

Well, I guess some of them are high polished too but that's more of a special/limited thing. Either way, it's raw stainless.

Anyhoo, I see no rust in your picture. I actually don't clean my KAHR P9 very often, don't shoot it much either other then functions checks once in a while etc. My daily carry piece and I sweat on it it all the time, it never rusts.

I should spray it down more often with some silicone but frankly, I've never had any issues. In theory, the matte blackened stainless one should be even harder to rust because of the finish, it's rust resistant.

RogerP9fan
07-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Appreciate the reply. I just ordered my P9 15 minutes ago! :)