PDA

View Full Version : How'd I Do?

jreXD9
02-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Earlier today I went to the range and shot my xd9sc, pm9 and my wifes' Taurus Ultra Light .38. It's been awhile since I've shot her .38. She's NEVER shot it. I got it for her to carry in her car and because it's a revolver and requires a long pull, it wasn't going to go off accidentally. Like I said, it's been awhile since I shot it. It's recoil made it no fun to shoot at all. I didn't remember it being that bad.
On the way out I stopped like I always do to drool over the guns in the cases. I spied a used Kahr CW9 in the case. I ended up trading the Taurus .38 and $225 for the CW9. I'll probably put the CW9 in her car. So, how I'd do? Flame away.

recoilguy
02-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Trading a Taurus and a couple hundy for a CW9 is a great deal. You will have a ton of fun shoting that little gem. It is a real nice gun to be a glovebox gun.

Leaving a gun in a car is a topic for a different thread maybe or maybe for this one but you now own a far superior weapon then you did yesterday.

RCG

Vinikahr
02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
You did good~

jocko
02-20-2010, 03:09 PM
nice trade, you will like the CW. If u have any issues, please do not panic. come to this forum, these guys have forgot more than most will ever know. if you got the owners manual,indeed read it and then reread it. there are some key points in there on the cw kahrs If no manual go to the kahr webb sight and you can print the entire manual or just read the manual there.

also go to the kahr tech sight on this forum and view the kahr lube chart. This is a dandy and I recommend going by it.

Nice gun, break it and your self in slwoly wirth it. shoot fmj ammo to ge tthe gun totaly reliable before going to expensive defense ammo./ Start up close 7 yards and under, get used to the loooooooong trigger pull. It is smooth as glass but long by design.

OH and yes use the slide lock release lever to load that first round, until you get good at racking a kahr slide. FTF are usually the result of trying to hand rack.

Nice gun, it really is, u made a good trade and u certainly like recoilguy stated upgraded ur arsenal...

jreXD9
02-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I cleaned and lubed it a little while ago. Takedown is identical to the PM9. Now all I need is a Hogue grip for it. I'm looking forward to shooting it on Monday......

In-Yo-Grill
02-20-2010, 04:22 PM
You did good for sure. You wife will be happy with the way the CW9 feels. If she plans to leave it in her car then I'd recommend a safe/lock box just in case it ever gets broke into.

Steve-$
02-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Sounds like a excellent deal to me.
Enjoy!
:)