PDA

View Full Version : Ruger stork came yesterday

mightymouse
05-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm a proud new papa. Last weekend my odd ball Beretta 9000S died, truly the pistol I could shoot the fastest, the most accurately. The safety fell apart and didn't want to pursue the Beretta crappy customer service, parts are rare, so no local smiths. I've had my eye on a SR40C since they came out. Lots of research and Sunday decided to jump. Monday sent my FFL and payment. Tuesday morning had a tracking number. Thursday in my hot little hand.
Can't give enough praise for BW Outfitters for their fair price and super service.
For me, the .40 S&W makes the world go round, my magic bullet. I love the snap of authority when I pull the trigger plus the fact that the .40 was designed around a shorter barrel. Super ballistics.
For now my Disantis Pro Stealth + Disantis pocket holster fit perfectly. Gave her a good bath, touched up the rails and feed ramp, cleaned out the striker bore. Love the ambi safety and mag release as I shoot both handed. And the mags..... no filing, squeezing, polishing, diddling, just high quality out the door. 9 rounds standard... made in Italy.... by Italians who make really good mags....
It is reputed to have the softest recoil for its size, few send backs + so dang familiar with its thumb safety sweep down, three dot adjustable rear, size etc. Impressed with new trigger as its pretty short, and lighter than expected.

Crummy pic with CM9 to show size. Pretty dang compact with 3.5 barrel + comes with 15 (!) round mag and mag loader.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/BowtiedZ/tile009.jpg

Barth
05-18-2012, 05:21 PM
congrats on the new arrival

I've promised myself no more guns till I get my new Tacoma.
So I must buy barrels for my existing guns.
And live vicariously through others - LOL!

I really want a new gun bad.
Running out of things to do to my existing guns.
Getting trigger jobs, and SRT kits installed, on my two Sig Sauers at the moment.

MW surveyor
05-18-2012, 06:14 PM
So tell us how you really feel :)

Good for you that you got what you want.

les strat
05-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Congrats! The SR series is great. Some of the best recoil handling guns I have shot.

Watch for walking pins. That's the only problem I had out of my 9c.

JFootin
05-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Shazam! I hadn't noticed this model. Nice!

I'm puzzled. On the website (http://www.ruger.com/products/sr40c/models.html), they have models that are 9+1 and 15+1. The guns are the same size and thickness. Are the 9+1 models for states that still have a 10 round limit? And, if so, why not 10+1?

mightymouse
05-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Shazam! I hadn't noticed this model. Nice!

I'm puzzled. On the website (http://www.ruger.com/products/sr40c/models.html), they have models that are 9+1 and 15+1. The guns are the same size and thickness. Are the 9+1 models for states that still have a 10 round limit? And, if so, why not 10+1?
Yes and I guess the 10 round mag spoiled the lines so better practice up if you can't do it in 9 ;)

BEARDOG
05-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Congrats MM!
My friend picked the SR9c for his first auto, I helped him break it in and was very impressed.... Surprisingly good trigger IMO. I also liked that it comes with the full size mag and grip spacer. hard to beat for $. Enjoy it.

bapple
05-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I have the SR9c and it's a fantastic gun, and one of the easiest handling 9mms out there. I can see the 40 being in the same boat. The trigger is one of the best in a striker-fired pistol I've come across, and the reset is super short.

Did you remove the mag disconnect safety when you cleaned out the striker channel? I took mine out the day I got it. I hate mag safeties and living in a free state allows me to remove it.

Congrats on your new piece. You'll love it!

Yogi 117
05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Congrats MM, she's a beauty! When you win the raffle, you'll have twins! :eek::eek: Enjoy buddy! :53:

mightymouse
05-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Did you remove the mag disconnect safety when you cleaned out the striker channel? I took mine out the day I got it. I hate mag safeties and living in a free state allows me to remove it.

Congrats on your new piece. You'll love it!
Thanks for the congrats.
Mine must have fallen out as well. Don't like safeties on carry guns.:53:

mightymouse
05-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Ran four boxes of ammo, 2 Federal 180gr FMJ, 1 Corbon Pow'rballs, 1 165 Gold dot.
Not one failure.
Trigger is really nice, but my CM9 is longer and much smoother. SR is nice, but comparing to Kahr, the best trigger system out there, its not as smooth. Short pull and reset, pretty light overall.

Recoil is .40 snappy. I'd call it very manageable, but you know you are hurling a formidable projectile

1st groups from 24' were 2" high using combat style sighting. Three successive incremental twists of the rear adjustment and they were falling into place.
This is just the first outing and I think Ruger's initial quality stands out with zero failures.

I use old political signs for target back ups. You can get the idea of the groupings from hole sizes off hand, 24'

Nice shooter, already reliable, very concealable.
I've found the best 9mm, maybe at any price, my CM9. This might be the best .40.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/BowtiedZ/0519121815a.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/BowtiedZ/0519121815b.jpg

jlottmc
05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Don't let my wife see this thread. She has been after one of those for some time now (before they came out even). Let me know how much you like that thing later too please.

bapple
05-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Don't let my wife see this thread. She has been after one of those for some time now (before they came out even). Let me know how much you like that thing later too please.

I've taught a few different women how to shoot on my SR9c. It is VERY good for women shooters because it shoots soft, it's got a short trigger (not Kahr-smooth but short and light), and it is slim. Anytime somebody wants to buy a Glock for their girlfriend or wife or something, I always steer them to this gun because the grip is so much better for small hands.

jlottmc
05-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks, bapple, now all my spare change to fund my habit is leaving, and guess where it goes. That's right her habit. Why I brought her into the fold like that I'll never know. She really wants a an SR40c, anniversary is coming up, maybe just maybe.

bapple
05-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks, bapple, now all my spare change to fund my habit is leaving, and guess where it goes. That's right her habit. Why I brought her into the fold like that I'll never know. She really wants a an SR40c, anniversary is coming up, maybe just maybe.

I hope I can get my future wife into the habit - I just have to meet her first :D. If I get her on board, I don't have to justify or hide my purchases from her - we can both enjoy them. Or at least that's how I've played it out in my mind...

jlottmc
05-26-2012, 08:50 AM
That's not the problem, the problem will be that no matter what you like she'll say and here I'll quote "I like to shoot it, but don't like to carry it. I want something different to carry." Trust me find one that understands but has little desire to play, it'll work out better that way. Could be worse I guess.

jeepster09
05-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Let me know if you ever actually figure *them out.....:ohmy: [*women...that is.]:confused:

jeepster09
05-26-2012, 10:25 AM
I got an SR22 being held for me...Ahlman's just got 30 of them in.

jlottmc
05-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Women, they work great, until the snakes in their head hatch.