PDA

View Full Version : New MK9 Elite 03

cal45
05-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Went to the Gun Show this past weekend to look for a Kahr CM9 or PM9 but when I ran across a new MK9 Elite 2003 model at my long time local dealers table, I couldn't resist. Heavier, I know, but I plan to carry IWB and not pocket, so it is not much of a concern. I think he gave me a great deal as I asked him for a price on a new PM9 and then for the heck of it, the MK9 Elite 2003, knowing it would be in the $700 range. Well, he must have been in a good mood as he told me the price was the same for the PM9 or MK9 Elite - $595. So I took home the new Eliet ;) BTW - ordered the wood grips from Kahr and hope the will fit as the SN# starts with a GC and not a GA.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/744/mk9e1.jpg
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9233/mk9e2.jpg

pitandkahr
05-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Great pick-up there!!! You'll love the MK9!!! I love mine!!!

jocko
05-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Hell of a price. U bought the best if ur gonna waist carry to. by the way when u put those grips on be leary of the right side screws coming loose from firing, and if they happens it can cause lite strikes as the grips actully hold the trigger bar in correct alighment. some use PURPLE lock tite thatmost gun shops sells, screws till come off easy for cleaning etc.

cal45
05-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Hell of a price. U bought the best if ur gonna waist carry to. by the way when u put those grips on be leary of the right side screws coming loose from firing, and if they happens it can cause lite strikes as the grips actully hold the trigger bar in correct alighment. some use PURPLE lock tite thatmost gun shops sells, screws till come off easy for cleaning etc.

Thanks for the tip. Do I have to take any special care when removing the plastic grips?

jocko
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
no, the wood grips are really nice, alittle thicker thanthe polymer but nice. take um off when cleaning with any solvents as ost solvets will eat through the finsih on wood grips.. I have read where some owners look and find some very small O rings that just go over the screws andthis holds the grips crews in nicely. Most hardware stors have assortments of O rings. Might be somethig to look for.. Again u may not have an issue either, Iwas just pointingout somethingto keep an eye out for, in case..

pitandkahr
05-22-2012, 07:55 PM

Hmmm, I keep forgetting that part and need to get the Purple Lock Tite...Jocko, can that contribute to the FTE issues too?? I just noticed that the were lose again...I will take my screwdriver to the range to check the screws every couple mags until I get the lock tite...

cal45
05-22-2012, 07:57 PM
I'll keep that in mind.

cal45
05-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Just received my tracking number from Kahr for the wood grips. I'll post up pics once I get 'em.

kerby9mm
05-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Hmmm, I keep forgetting that part and need to get the Purple Lock Tite...Jocko, can that contribute to the FTE issues too?? I just noticed that the were lose again...I will take my screwdriver to the range to check the screws every couple mags until I get the lock tite...

I don't have wood on my mk's but I have a dime in my pocket to tighten the grip screws at the range.

jocko
05-23-2012, 08:44 AM

not think so, when my grip screws worked loose on my K9, It produced light strikes, never had FTE.. I went back to my factory ruber grips and they never moved, nor did I ever have another issue.

QuercusMax
05-23-2012, 07:35 PM
The first several times I shot my MK9 Elite, I lost some grip screws every time! This was with the factory grips. I tightened the screws every time I shot it, but they still always loosened up.

Now I have Kahr wood grips secured with blue Loctite, and they haven't moved. Sure look nice, but I did have to do a little Dremel work to make them fit.

cal45
05-24-2012, 11:33 AM
My wood grips were delivered this morning and yes, I also had to do some dremel work to get them to fit but I sure do like the grip they provide.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8596/mk9ewood.jpg

cal45
05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5533/mk9ewood1.jpg

JFootin
05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Beautiful! :D

itsthelaw
05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
That is a great looking gun!

jocko
05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I would be hard pressed to find a prettier small ass gun by any makers that can top the MK with it is all fashioned up, and it hair is combed and sideburns trimmed and shoes shined: Just sayin

Kinda makes trhe front of my pants protrude a tad even: Just sayin

cal45
05-24-2012, 03:57 PM
I would be hard pressed to find a prettier small ass gun by any makers that can top the MK with it is all fashioned up, and it hair is combed and sideburns trimmed and shoes shined: Just sayin

Kinda makes trhe front of my pants protrude a tad even: Just sayin

Too funny...the only thing it's missing is a set of night sights. :D

Tinman507
05-24-2012, 03:58 PM
and pasties

http://britrish.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/heartpasties.jpg

Infidel proud
05-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Congrats! Thats one classy lookin piece n those grips really set it off...

RDW
05-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Makes me want an MK...

---
RDW

Frayed Knot
05-25-2012, 04:21 AM
I'd say an MK is now on my list of "must haves". That is beautiful with the wood grips! Well done.

Barth
05-25-2012, 05:58 AM
Makes me want an MK...

---
RDW

Reinforces my love for my MK - LOL!

downtownv
05-25-2012, 06:17 AM
I think you got a good deal. I have wood grips (Wicked Grips) never loosen for me.....

Mainer86
05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I recently purchased an MK9 Elite 2003 and ordered the wood grips from Kahr. Very happy with everything but have to say I can't understand why Kahr does not inform costumers that the original grip screws aren't long enough for the wood grips. A little note on the website, just like they have stating some fitting may be necessary, would be nice. So, if you are ordering wood grips be aware that your original screws probably will not be long enough. The K series screws are longer and is what Kahr says will work.

cal45
05-29-2012, 07:10 PM
I recently purchased an MK9 Elite 2003 and ordered the wood grips from Kahr. Very happy with everything but have to say I can't understand why Kahr does not inform costumers that the original grip screws aren't long enough for the wood grips. A little note on the website, just like they have stating some fitting may be necessary, would be nice. So, if you are ordering wood grips be aware that your original screws probably will not be long enough. The K series screws are longer and is what Kahr says will work.

Agree. I knew the screws were needed from reading up on the forum so when I ordered them from the Kahr Shop online, there is comment box that allows you to add text. I added to please include the longer screws that the wood grips require and Kahr included them with my order.