PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Glock Carry Trigger

Barth
05-24-2012, 05:51 AM
I had a Ghost Rocket 3.5 and factory springs installed in my G27.
It's a game changing trigger with the short reset, reduced over travel
and light crisp clean break.

Still, I have had some unintended double taps at the range.
I know it's trigger control and I'll get used to it.
But for a carry gun that will be used following an adrenalin dump?
With the wonderful confusion, tunnel vision and loss of fine motor skills?

I realized that I prefer my S&W 640 8.5 lbs DAO gun as my sleepy time
nightstand weapon. Not some light, crisp, clean breaking trigger auto.
It got me thinking about self defense situations in general and how we
are generally at our worst at that moment.

Following this epiphany, I cracked open my G27.
And in about 3 minutes flat replaced the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector and factory spring
with a Glock OEM "-" 3.5 connector and a Glock NY1 spring module.

The result is pure sweetness.
It's supposed to be a DAO revolver like 8.5 lbs trigger?
Feels more like more positive break and reset 6 lbs to me.
With constant 6 lbs through the entire pull.
And it's not a long DAO pull either.

No mushiness, no two stage trigger with lots of soft pre travel.
Squeezed off 100 rounds of 357 Sig and I couldn't be happier.
I've found my Ultimate Glock SD trigger!

100 rounds Speer Lawman 125 gr 357 Sig
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo30/e3/f3/9e44b955368f__1337722944000.jpeg

Mudcat
05-24-2012, 07:27 AM
I run stock triggers in my Glocks even my competition gun. I've tried a few different combinations of connectors and springs even aftermarket triggers. Just never seen one that I liked well enough to put it in my gun. Glad you like yours though, sounds nice.

Barth
05-24-2012, 07:49 AM
I run stock triggers in my Glocks even my competition gun. I've tried a few different combinations of connectors and springs even aftermarket triggers. Just never seen one that I liked well enough to put it in my gun. Glad you like yours though, sounds nice.

The trigger parts I've installed are All Factory Glock parts.
Glock "-" connector, Glock NY1 8 lbs spring and Glock G17 smooth trigger/bar.

I'm going to try have the trigger tested
to see what the pull weight really is.

Feels like the same pull weight as the NIB factory 5.5 connector and springs.

Bill K
05-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Sounds like you hit the sweat spot for yourself. I've kept my G26 stock.

BTW, nice shooting.

Markis82
05-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Nice shooting. Glad to hear you found the perfect combo for yourself. I have found my perfect carry combo for my G19. After several combos. I have the Ghost Ranger trigger bar with the stock springs and a fluff and buff. On my trigger gauge I get 4.8 - 4.9# with no mush and little over travel. I retain the familiar "reset click." This is my personal "Glock Perfection."

Barth
05-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Sounds like you hit the sweat spot for yourself. I've kept my G26 stock.

BTW, nice shooting.

Stock is likely the best way to go.
If you can't leave well enough alone, like me, this is a really nice set up.
Plus it really is all factory Glock parts.
My understanding is that this specific configuration is approved by Glock for carry.

And Thanks!

tarheelcm9
05-24-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't know about you...but I wouldn't want to go to court over a self defense situation and the prosecution found out that I had altered the trigger on my gun. A "hair" trigger has bad connotations.

Barth
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't know about you...but I wouldn't want to go to court over a self defense situation and the prosecution found out that I had altered the trigger on my gun. A "hair" trigger has bad connotations.

There is nothing hair about it.
It's supposed to produce an 8 lbs trigger where standard Factory Glock is 5.5 lbs.
The NY1 spring module is an 8 lbs spring and is much heavier than the standard spring.
NY1 with the 5.5 connector is 9.5 lbs
NY1 with 3.5 connector is 8 lbs.
Standard factory Glock spring and connector is really ~6 lbs.

I'm proposing the option of making the NIB Glock trigger heavier for carry.
Using all Factory Glock parts. And combined making a Glock approved carry configuration.

MW surveyor
05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm proposing the option of making the NIB Glock trigger heavier for carry.
Using all Factory Glock parts. And combined making a Glock approved carry configuration.

Sure might reduce the generally high incidence of "Glock leg" syndrome amongst the populace. :eek:

Barth
05-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Sure might reduce the generally high incidence of "Glock leg" syndrome amongst the populace. :eek:

The street name for the setup is
The Plaxico Trigger.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnvK99mUBxQ7qYFZUp1Y6_JmCLhX5lI jGUibkaxdDWv6z6oi48eA

Tinman507
05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Is it my imagination or is he a little shorter on that one side?

MW surveyor
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM
What's really funny is that on the inch side......there are feet indications for those that don't know that 72" = 6 feet. LOL

Longitude Zero
05-24-2012, 10:34 AM
For me the stock Glock setup has always produced very satisfactory results. The gun is better than any person who will ever shoot it.

bonjorno2
05-24-2012, 10:43 AM
congrats... i refuse to alter my carry gun with any parts that aren't factory except maybe night sights or a extended slide release. I don't want some jack clown of a lawyer to have a hay day in court talking about how i modified the weapon to kill.... might seem stupid but that's just me.

Bill K
05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Just a layman's opinion... I think mods such as a trigger job is less likely to work against you in a criminal trial than in a civil lawsuit. Ideally any use of our firearms will be considered "justifiable" and therefore not result in any trial or lawsuit. Better yet, we never find ourselves in a situation where we have to use our firearm against another person or persons.

Barth
05-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Just a layman's opinion... I think mods such as a trigger job is less likely to work against you in a criminal trial than in a civil lawsuit. Ideally any use of our firearms will be considered "justifiable" and therefore not result in any trial or lawsuit. Better yet, we never find ourselves in a situation where we have to use our firearm against another person or persons.

I really agree.
If the shooting is justifiable, the gun is legal and you are licensed to carry it,
how can having polished internal parts in the gun matter at all?
I just don't get that.

If you shot someone unintentionally, then all bets are off.
But polished parts or bone stock you're FUBAR either way, right?

My concern would be the prosecution might try to paint a picture
that you had some tricked out gun with the intent of looking for a gunfight.
The defense would have to argue that the mods were made to increase
accuracy and therefore safety.

My primary concern is survival and appearing justifiable in my actions.
I want, with good reason, to carry a weapon that I'm the most comfortable and proficient with.
The only non factory parts I'm running are a match barrel and night sights.
I think that is defensible in court.