PDA

View Full Version : new dlc pm9/new to forum

snatch
02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
i just purchased a new pm9 with the DLC finish. it goes without saying but im gonna say it anyhow, this is one awesome gun!!! ive put 150 rounds down range so far with out one single failure. after a few mixed reviews i was hesitant to buy the pm9, but i figured with kahrs customer service id take a shot. i narrowed it down to a pm9 or a p380. both are sweet guns but i'm a big guy, so i figure i can pull off pocket carry with a pm9, bigger bullet with a higher velocity in not much bigger of a gun that the p380. i was surprised by the accuracy of such a small gun. i can punch some pretty good holes with my M&P 9mm compact but i have to say the kahr ranks right up there. i shoot better with the m&p but i believe that is because of the shorter and lighter trigger pull, plus the extra barrel length. with a little practice i think ill be able to keep everything within 2-3 inches with the kahr. im very happy with my decision to buy the kahr and its become my primary ccw piece. now i gotta save up the extra cash to buy a p380, you know, "for the girlfreind":D plus a covert mod to a cw9 seems like a pretty sweet idea as well, and bowie tactical does great work.

p.s. can anyone recomend a thin pocket holster that doesnt print in the front pocket? the only one my gunstore had was a blackhawk 3 pocket holster. it prints horribley and looks like i have 3 blackberrys stacked in my pocket. recluse doesnt have one for the pm9 yet but theyre supposed to email me when the porotype is done

Wasabi
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Checkout a FIST K5. I pocket carry my PM9 in one. I've tried and have a bunch of pocket holsters but the K5 is the one that I grab most often. While it's not needed, I had mine coated in ultrasuede which helps it grip my pocket better.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/k5.htm

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your PM9. I love mine. It's my EDC loaded up with Federal HST 147g +P.

Vinikahr
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the board and congrats, we expect pictures.

Holster to consider, Desantis Nemesis. Go to the holster section here and you find other recommendations with pictures.

jocko
02-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the board and congrats, we expect pictures.

Holster to consider, Desantis Nemesis. Go to the holster section here and you find other recommendations with pictures.

AN EXCELLENT POCKET HOLSTER. My PM9 ride sin that and has for over 3+ years. There is just no such thing as a printless pocket holster. Some print less than others but if ones eye balls are on your pocket, he willsee something bigger there than a cell phone etc. Again, if ur carrying legal. why worry about it.

Actually IMO no one will even notice you re carrying, they ain't looking there but we who carry think people are. I carry 24/7 and to be honest I never look at another person pockets. Just doesn't happen. the desantis is about as nice as they get, closed end, keeps the gun cleaner, if you use oil in your gun, it ain't gonna run out and stain cloths etc. If u prefer leather, then there are just to many good ones out there to. I have a box full of leather pocket holsters but I still keep going back to the ol cheapo desantis.

You bought a realy nice pM9 witht he DLC finish, if you want to read more about the DLC finsih go to the P AND CW PISTOL thread and hit on BLACK MATT FINSIH. It willtell you in detail the process kahrs uses for this tungsten hard finsih. Super gun, u will love it...

G26ster
02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
p.s. can anyone recomend a thin pocket holster that doesnt print in the front pocket? the only one my gunstore had was a blackhawk 3 pocket holster. it prints horribley and looks like i have 3 blackberrys stacked in my pocket. recluse doesnt have one for the pm9 yet but theyre supposed to email me when the porotype is done

All pocket holsters print to some degree. Just make sure it doesn't print like a gun!

In Texas, if your gun prints like a gun, and someone turns you in, you're going to jail. All the CHLs in the world won't keep you out.

In Texas, GC 411.171(3) defines a "concealed handgun" as "...a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person."

Even if you beat the charge, you will take the ride, pay an attorney, fight to get your confiscated gun back, wait to get your CHL reinstated, and fight to clear your record. So, to me it pays to be as discrete as possible.

Check your state laws and then decide.

Vinikahr
02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
All pocket holsters print to some degree. Just make sure it doesn't print like a gun!

In Texas, if your gun prints like a gun, and someone turns you in, you're going to jail. All the CHLs in the world won't keep you out.

In Texas, GC 411.171(3) defines a "concealed handgun" as "...a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person."

Even if you beat the charge, you will take the ride, pay an attorney, fight to get your confiscated gun back, wait to get your CHL reinstated, and fight to clear your record. So, to me it pays to be as discrete as possible.

Check your state laws and then decide.

Am glad I live in Florida!:33:

snatch
02-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Has anyone ever heard of conceal-x? Its like kydex but thinner and more pliable.its not as rigid as kydex so it will form to the contures of your body more.a lot of knife makers are using it for sheaths.I'm surprised more pocket and IWB holsters aren't using this stuff yet.seems more practical to me. My pm9 actually prints less without the hoslster that I currently have.now before anyone starts flaming,I have and never would carry a loaded gun without a holster,regardless of where it is on my person.this was just a check to see if the gun would fit in my pocket when I bought it.I'm not dumb enough to plaxico myself. If you get a chance do a search for recluse holsters. They have a flap that hides the outline of the gun and a trigger block built in so there is no way the gun can go off until after u draw it. They should have one for the pm series and the p380 soon. Its actually a very cool concept. Until then I think ill give the nemesis or superfly a try. I just picked up some extreme shock enhanced penetration rounds at the gun show.the shape of them leads me to believe they should feed better than traditional hollow points, but my hydroshocks have seemed fine so far. Thanks again for all the input

jeepster09
02-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Kahr Arms Pocket/Wallet Holster (http://www.pocketholsters.com/Kahr_Arms_Pocket_Wallet_Holste/kahr_arms_pocket_wallet_holste.html)

Here is a pocket holster that I like.

In-Yo-Grill
02-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Glad to have you aboard. Great choice for your first Kahr. I'm sure that P380 will be in your not so distant future.

BTW...Where's the pics?

snatch
02-23-2010, 02:29 PM
here is my current carry. kahr pm9 dlc-loaded with extreme shock epr
crkt hissatsu folder-highly reccomend
kabar last ditch knife-abilty to hide anywhere
crackberry pocket mag holster:eek:-cheap i know
but it really does work great. no printing and its
recessed at the top for easy grabs

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2204/kahry.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/kahry.jpg/)

swampman
02-23-2010, 02:38 PM
AN EXCELLENT POCKET HOLSTER. My PM9 ride sin that and has for over 3+ years. There is just no such thing as a printless pocket holster. Some print less than others but if ones eye balls are on your pocket, he willsee something bigger there than a cell phone etc. Again, if ur carrying legal. why worry about it.

Actually IMO no one will even notice you re carrying, they ain't looking there but we who carry think people are. I carry 24/7 and to be honest I never look at another person pockets. Just doesn't happen. the desantis is about as nice as they get, closed end, keeps the gun cleaner, if you use oil in your gun, it ain't gonna run out and stain cloths etc. If u prefer leather, then there are just to many good ones out there to. I have a box full of leather pocket holsters but I still keep going back to the ol cheapo desantis.

You bought a realy nice pM9 witht he DLC finish, if you want to read more about the DLC finsih go to the P AND CW PISTOL thread and hit on BLACK MATT FINSIH. It willtell you in detail the process kahrs uses for this tungsten hard finsih. Super gun, u will love it...
why does your pm9 ride sin. :D

jocko
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
desantis