PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Break-in Period Have You Experienced with Your P45?

gabell
02-23-2010, 12:23 PM
What kind of break-in period have you all experienced with your new P45's?

getsome
02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi gabell, I don't have a PM45 yet (sure want one) I have a CW40 and I have shot it about 4-5 hundred times without any problems at all...The book says 200 rounds minimum but you may or may not have any issues with yours... Kahr pistols are very tight from the factory...the best thing to do with a brand new one is to first read and reread the manual...then learn to take it apart....its no big deal but some (myself included) had to learn to get the hang of it....CLEAN and LUBE it before you ever take it to the range...check out the lube chart in the Kahr tech forum...It wont hurt to run the gun a little wet at first..keep oil out of the striker pin hole so it wont gunk up...Go to the range and shoot as much decent hard ball FMJ ammo you can....Wally world WWB (winchester white box) or remington is perfect to get the break in over then shoot whatever carry ammo you want to use....The gun may work fine with one brand and not another so experiment with different stuff...Good luck and happy shooting!!!

gabell
02-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Yup, I fired it's first 150 rounds through my new P45 Sunday.
It fired flawlessly, all 150 rounds.

rkirk
02-23-2010, 05:40 PM
I have a CW9, not a PM45, but your experience so far is very similar to my own. Congratulations on your new pistol. I have shot several rounds with a friends PM45 and it was more gun than I wanted to shoot.

-- Richard

In-Yo-Grill
02-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Unfortunately I had a few bugs to get worked out of my P45. They have been taken care of by Kahr and now the pistol seems to be running great. I want to put some more ammo through it to be sure it's 100%

varoadking
02-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Mine was good to go right out of the box...

wyntrout
02-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I hope that's true with mine. I should have it by the middle of next week -- Wednesday or Thursday. I went by Wally World this evening and checked on ammo there. The only .45 ACP they had was Winchester 230-grain JHP @ $29 for a box of 50. They finally had some 9mm -- RWS 124-grain FMJ @ close to $18 a box of 50 -- no good deals there.:(
All I have is Wolf 230-grain FMJ -- steel-cased -- and some Remington Golden Sabers 230-grain for defense.
I should have ordered some nicer stuff for break-in.:rolleyes:
Wynn

In-Yo-Grill
02-27-2010, 08:50 PM
I hope that's true with mine. I should have it by the middle of next week -- Wednesday or Thursday. I went by Wally World this evening and checked on ammo there. The only .45 ACP they had was Winchester 230-grain JHP @ $29 for a box of 50. They finally had some 9mm -- RWS 124-grain FMJ @ close to $18 a box of 50 -- no good deals there.:(
All I have is Wolf 230-grain FMJ -- steel-cased -- and some Remington Golden Sabers 230-grain for defense.
I should have ordered some nicer stuff for break-in.:rolleyes:
Wynn

The WWB JHP shot real well out of my P45. I like that stuff alot except for the price. Wally world seems to be a good source for ammo. Several around here get the Federal Premium stuff in 9mm and 40 on a regular basis but I rarely see .380 or .45 there.

Can't wait to see you blackened PM45...it's gonna be a sweet pistola.

wyntrout
02-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I posted the Gunbroker pix here:

http://kahrtalk.com/pm-series-pistols/1368-notch-2.html#post12761

I got the selling dealer to light a fire under the receiving dealer today and he finally faxed his FFL info to the seller. I bought the gun Thursday and called the receiver and emailed him Thursday and Friday to no avail -- busy:confused: It can't be shipped until Monday now. I'll probably get it around Wed. or Thur. I just ordered 500 rds of Blazer 230-gr FMJ from Wideners ~ $173 shipped FedEx gnd. The only range fodder have is Wolf 230-gr FMJ.
Wynn:)