PDA

View Full Version : The elusive T40

Riczilla
06-13-2012, 10:20 PM
I have a PM40 that i really like; it is my first and only Kahr thus far. It's the most concealable .40 available and the trigger is beyond smooth. I have found that I am more comfortable with the Kahr DAO trigger than with the standard Glock trigger (which i also own). So now i'm on the hunt for a full size Kahr and the T40 looks awesome! Its the largest one they make, it has that trigger that i like plus its stainless (i'm a stainless virgin). Am i wrong that its the Kahr equivalent to the Glock 22, or as close as they have? I've never owned a stainless gun so while its heavier than polymer I'm sure it'll be easier to control, not to mention better looking, so its a fair trade in my opinion.

Here is my gripe... why are these pistols so uncommon/unpopular? There isn't a chance in hell that i'll find one to rent at a range and its doubtful the guy next to me will be shooting one that he'll let me test out, so giving it a test run is a long shot at best. Furthermore, no one has these in stock so i'll be taking a leap of faith ordering in a gun that I've never even held before. What a drag. It doesn't make buying one easy. The T40 is one elusive gun and of course its the one i'm eyeing... just my luck.

JFootin
06-14-2012, 05:39 AM
The demand for the Ts is not strong, so Kahr only rarely makes a few. Keep watching the auction sites and try to pick one up used.

ripley16
06-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. My suggestion is to try and find a K9 or K40 to fondle and, if possible, shoot. There's little difference in overall feel between them and the more rare T models. Have you considered a TP40? I've both a TP9 and a T9 and I actually enjoy my TP more.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/51/products_id/411548833/Handguns/Kahr+Arms/Kahr%20KAHR%20TP40%2040SW%204/quot;%20MATTE%20SS%20BLK%20POLYMER/

Kahr only produces a hundred or so T models each year, judging by the serial numbers, so that is why they are hard to find.

dkmatthews
06-14-2012, 07:35 AM
I asked my local gun store to order a T40 for me after I bought and fell in love with a T9. Fortunately, the distributor had one in stock and I got it. You might ask your local gun store to order one for you.

Riczilla
06-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I called around to my favorite stores yesterday and learned that the T series isn't available in California... oh how I hate this state.

FLBri
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
I have a couple T9's and a T40. They are all incredibly accurate and though the 40 has a bit more kick ... they are all classified, to me, as sweet shooters and easily manageable.

I've considered selling the T40 at times, including now ... but it's hard to part with. It is serial # '007 and was purchased from a federal agent ... LOL. Now that is just cool!!