PDA

View Full Version : T series holsters

at_liberty
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Finding holsters for the T series has been a treasure hunt, certainly with relatively few options. I thought I would establish a thread for the topic.

The first requirement is accommodating barrel length. All the closed end designs for other Kahr pistols rule out their use with the 4" barrel length of the T9 and T40 and the TP series.

Kahr's own sales site provides at least a basic holster of each appropriate type. You have a choice of black or black.

Galco's shoulder holster works great as part of my winter rig. I changed the Miami Vice to the wider straps, flaring out on top of the shoulders.

I have Kahr's own offering of the black DeSantis belt slide with thumb break. I like it a lot. The presentation angle is much better than anything else I have tried.

I also have Kahr's offering of the IWB that is a leather pad with a Kydex mounting. It is outstanding on pants that fit well for it. The leather combination works better than all Kydex and doesn't eventually break. Retention is just right.

Basically, the T series grip is too long for very deep concealment, so for me it is really IWB for summer time and belt slide or shoulder holster for winter time.

What I wonder though is whether others have found choices I was not aware of.

ripley16
02-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I've got three holsters that hold the T.

The Jit Slide, which probably holds any Kahr regardless of barrel, works well, but, personally I dislike the holster.

I very much like the Mitch Rosen Premier. Mine is marked for a K40, but it works well with the K and T9. The wider TP is a bit snug.

I have a Cobra shoulder holster that also holds the K, T or TP well. It also has the wide, comfy straps.

wyntrout
02-26-2010, 12:14 PM
How about a decent pocket holster for the T-series? I'm sure that's a burning question in someone's mind.:confused:
Wynn:D

Dang! I MUST have had 3 cups of coffee today... lost count?:w00t:

jeep45238
02-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Any Cw or P series holster that's opened bottom will work.

Modifying holsters like the MTAC or other Kydex holsters is simple with a hairdryer to allow the longer slide to enter, just slightly warm the bottom of the muzzle portion and slowly straighten it out.

faulty
03-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Blade Tech lists the T9 among the pistols for which it makes holsters. My wife has a Blade Tech drop offset belt holster for her T9.

big ted
05-29-2010, 03:35 PM
horseshoe leather is one more .andy makes a grate holster

hedgehog
08-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Link? I'm about to modify a pm9 holster to fit (kydex)

hedgehog
09-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Any Cw or P series holster that's opened bottom will work.

Modifying holsters like the MTAC or other Kydex holsters is simple with a hairdryer to allow the longer slide to enter, just slightly warm the bottom of the muzzle portion and slowly straighten it out.
*nod*

http://i52.tinypic.com/53pq84.jpg
this was for a 3" 1911. Im going to spot-melt a few spots tommorow but it fits just fine as it is.

flyfishionado
03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am a new poster and I just discovered the site. I have a T9 and a K9 and love them both. As for holsters, I too feel your pain.

This has probably already been mentioned but my T9 fits perfectly into a Galco FLETCH (pancake w/thumb break) FL290. This is the K9 holster. It just peaks out from the bottom by about a 1/2 inch...fits like a glove otherwise.

Vaden
03-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Crossbreed makes them for the T series and will be my first purchase when IL gets CCW.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/SuperTuckDeluxe/tabid/90/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

ripley16
03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I used a fletch years ago with another gun and found it to be one of the nicest holsters I've used. I do sort of the same thing, using a holster meant for a K9, but letting the muzzle poke out of the end a bit, on the Mitch Rosen Premier. In fact this holster will accomodate my K9, T9, P9 and TP9.

devildogxd
03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I just ordered a High Noon holster and I know that Kilpatrick also makes one.

air8
03-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Crossbreed makes them for the T series and will be my first purchase when IL gets CCW.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/SuperTuckDeluxe/tabid/90/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

Why wait? Have it now and test fit before the CC permit comes in. Mostly cause we want to hear your thoughts.

devildogxd
03-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I think I'm going to contact Comptac since they make each holster to order. They list the K9 and since they are in town I may see if I can take my T9 to them and have them make a mold for it.

lkgmadmax
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
I wonder how a T9 would fit in a glock 19 or a compact 1911 leather holster , they appear similar in size. I'm interested in a leather belt holster.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

lkgmadmax
03-29-2012, 12:36 PM
I received my new T9 today, tried it in my Bianchi Black Widow 5 holster (purchased for my MK40) http://img.tapatalk.com/4741feab-ab8e-d4fa.jpgand it's a perfect fit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Carolinakid
05-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I had FIST holsters make one for my T9.

Gangplank
01-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Anyone know if this Blade Tech razor would fit a T9/TP9? I have the TP9 old version with the 6.5" overall and 4.0" barrel w/ 4.5" handle.

http://www.blade-tech.com/IWB-Razor-Series-pr-1255.html#product_images

http://www.blade-tech.com/product_images/d_782.jpg

Anyone tried their holsters?

I'm looking for an IWB and either leather or kydex.

Suppose the other question to ask is what "similar" size and shape guns are there to the T9/TP9 (i.e. what glock holsters might work well?)

Kahrdriver64
04-01-2013, 06:51 AM
alessi bodyguard is a great shoulder rig. Comptac Minotaur. For iwb. Lobo leather enhanced pancake or avenger for owb . Yes all are made to order, but all are exceptional holsters. I usually have one of these on with either a K or a T every day in Florida.