PDA

View Full Version : Blazer tmj ammo

hsart
02-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I have used the Blazer TMJ ammo with "aircarft-grade" aluminum casings for my 9mm Glock. Never a problem and in fact I consistently seem to have more accuracy with this ammo. I have never used this type of casing in my PM45 and the Blazer ammo is about the only 380 ACP ammo I ever see available here. What are your thoughts on using this ammo in the PM Kahrs and the P380?

Vinikahr
02-24-2010, 12:53 PM
I have used the Blazer TMJ ammo with "aircarft-grade" aluminum casings for my 9mm Glock. Never a problem and in fact I consistently seem to have more accuracy with this ammo. I have never used this type of casing in my PM45 and the Blazer ammo is about the only 380 ACP ammo I ever see available here. What are your thoughts on using this ammo in the PM Kahrs and the P380?

Available where?
I would consider it, if I find it and at the right price.

hsart
02-24-2010, 01:51 PM
I saw some about a month ago at the gunshow in Manatee County. One dealer had a case of 1000 rounds. I was tempted to buy for a future purchase of a P380. I also saw some available online at Natchez's a while back for under $20 a box.

Vinikahr
02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
I saw some about a month ago at the gunshow in Manatee County. One dealer had a case of 1000 rounds. I was tempted to buy for a future purchase of a P380. I also saw some available online at Natchez's a while back for under $20 a box.

Tempting indeed, but it does no make sense to buy ammo for a gun you do not even have or own. I once witness someone that actually went to the LGS and asked the owner that wanted to buy a gun for ammo that was given to him.:eek:

Now most if not all.380 are meant for SD purposes, ammo for these little critters is not cheap and is not ready available and practicing like is no tomorrow is cost prohibited. Most people (I may be one of them) would not even run 1000 rounds in a lifetime in their weapons. JMOHO.:phone:

Bawanna
02-24-2010, 02:16 PM
I respectfully beg to differ. Buying ammo for a gun you don't own makes perfect sense. "Honey, I have all these bullets and I can't shoot them unless I buy this little PM380."
I've made wood grips for guys wanting a certain gun they didn't own. Take em home and show the missus and you just gotta have the gun to hang these on. Sometimes sense is to the eye of the beholder or perhaps bewanter.:crazy:

Vinikahr
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I respectfully beg to differ. Buying ammo for a gun you don't own makes perfect sense. "Honey, I have all these bullets and I can't shoot them unless I buy this little PM380."
I've made wood grips for guys wanting a certain gun they didn't own. Take em home and show the missus and you just gotta have the gun to hang these on. Sometimes sense is to the eye of the beholder or perhaps bewanter.:crazy:

And money too!:behindsofa:

Finnbear
03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
My 380 is a Ruger LCP and since 380 ammo is always scarce I buy whatever I can find available. I've run 200 rounds of the Blazer aluminum case through it along with a few other brands. I never had a FTF or FTE with the Blazer and I believe I paid $18/box for it last fall. I have to disagree with the statement about most 380 ammo being made for SD purposes. I have found more brands of 380 FMJ ammo than I have of 380 SD ammo since I bought the LCP. I like the alum. cased ammo for range use (especially outdoor) since I don't feel guilty about not finding and picking up every last case. I always try to account for every reloadable brass case because there is a guy at the local gunshows who will give me 5 cents apiece for 380 brass when I buy his reloads (any caliber). He has some affordable 357mag 158 grain JHP ammo I like for plinking with a lever gun I have. I have also used Blazer aluminum in 9mm, 38 Special, and my Dad uses some .45ACP and we have not experienced any problems with it. My brother works with a guy who shoots a quite bit of it in 45 Colt (long, not ACP) in cowboy action shooting.
Finnbear

ltxi
03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I've shot a lot of it over many years and have never had a problem with Al cased Blazer in any caliber or gun.

jocko
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
it the gun feeds and shoots those rounds OK and the price is in ur ball park, indeed buy um. It is range fodder anyway. Never see that stuff around here though, Hell never see 380 ammo anywhere around this area..

Raoul
03-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm sorry, I must be stoopid. What's TMJ?
Is that FMJ as is full metal jacket?

jocko
03-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry, I must be stoopid. What's TMJ?
Is that FMJ as is full metal jacket?

TMJ = total metal jacket on the back of the round to. where as fmj is not closed on the back side. some indoor ranges only allow tmj ammo for enviormental reasons...
Not a stupid question either;)

wyntrout
03-23-2010, 05:22 PM
It does make sense to buy ammo before you get a gun! You're ready to go to the range or whatever. I've been ready to shoot and carry since May of last year and I'm still waiting for the P380N... but I'm ready!:D
I've even bought SD ammo and changed my mind, sold that and got another brand. It makes sense to buy when you find good deals, too. That's what I do.
I don't have to run out and buy ammo at exorbitant (For Bawanna' and Jocko, that's too high or too expensive) prices because I didn't have any and now it's harder to find and more expensive. It does sound a little dumb to ask someone to buy a gun to shoot some ammo you were given???:confused:
Wynn:D

jocko
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
It does make sense to buy ammo before you get a gun! You're ready to go to the range or whatever. I've been ready to shoot and carry since May of last year and I'm still waiting for the P380N... but I'm ready!:D
I've even bought SD ammo and changed my mind, sold that and got another brand. It makes sense to buy when you find good deals, too. That's what I do.
I don't have to run out and buy ammo at exorbitant (For Bawanna' and Jocko, that's too high or too expensive) prices because I didn't have any and now it's harder to find and more expensive. It does sound a little dumb to ask someone to buy a gun to shoot some ammo you were given???:confused:
Wynn:D

gonna get that P380 with night sights, so u might as well ship me your 380 ammo so I can shoot my P380 that has the xs big dot sights on it while u wait another year. I need some ammo and its evident your not using it at all:der::der:

and I will send you "free" the horn off of my 2010 harley davidson

Little Dragon
03-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I run the 380 blazer ammo through my sig p-238 all the time with no problems. Both my wife and myself have put over 300 rounds of the stuff through both of our sigs. I just wouldn't ever, ever use it for self defense, it is a range round for us.
Joe