PDA

View Full Version : American Guns

steve666
06-22-2012, 05:59 AM
American Guns on the Discovery Channel. This week they did a competition customization of a Thompson 1927A1 for a ZootShooter. Titanium upper receiver, barrel shortened to 16", trigger job, and an adjustable stock that still looks original. Also a custom violin case.

Bawanna
06-22-2012, 09:09 AM
The Zoot Shooter is a member here. I'm hoping Da Hustler shares a real report with us sometime soon. I only caught a glimpse of the plan and never saw the finished product but it sounded like a really neat set up.

DeaconKC
06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Jason is far braver than I am. The way that shop is presented I wouldn't let them touch any of my guns with the exception of the son who does the engraving.

Longitude Zero
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Jason is far braver than I am. The way that shop is presented I wouldn't let them touch any of my guns with the exception of the son who does the engraving.

Me either. In there hometown area they have a VERY BAD reputation as shady/dishonest/untrustworthy semi low rent. A friend attempted to do business with then and he was so disgusted by their blatant disregard for ethical business practices.

I wish the best for anybody who chooses to do business with them, I certainly would not.

Race Bannon
06-27-2012, 02:07 PM
They do come across as sharpies. I know some of that may be the "drama" they need for TV, but the gunsmithing looks really suspect.

Longitude Zero
06-27-2012, 04:32 PM
They do come across as sharpies. I know some of that may be the "drama" they need for TV, but the gunsmithing looks really suspect.

I would call their "skills" crap at best.

QuercusMax
06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I can't judge their business ethics or the quality of their gunsmithing, but the show, like most of the "unscripted" shows that are on these days, is just too contrived and too fake to waste precious moments of my life watching, despite the fact that they are doing things with guns.

Do you suppose that any of the things they feature on the show "just happened," or were they set-ups? No need to answer.

I don't have cable or satellite anymore (I caught part of the titanium Thompson episode in my hotel room while traveling), and it's really disappointing what's on the channels that used to be my favorites not that many years ago before I pulled the plug. You can't call History the "Hitler channel" anymore.

MDIceman
06-30-2012, 03:17 PM
My brother recorded me that Episode of American Guns, because I shoot a Tommy. I dont have cable or satellite- most of the stuff on it does not intrest me.

Hate to say it, but they pulled the BS card on that one. Id like to know why after they "made" a titanium reciever - it still had the KM serial number (Kahr Manufacturing), and Thompson bullet logo, along with model designation on the reciever. Do they have the tooling to to match that on a reciever ? - I doubt it.

Why would they even bother making a titanium reciever- if there is an aluminum reciever made already? 45ACP is not a high pressure round - you dont need metal that strong for a cartridge of that nature. Its a pistol round, not a 50BMG.

Or how about the absorbent price of $12,000 to do what they did on that gun ? I would not pay a 10th of what they did to that thing.

Then the exploding targets for show - is ridiculous. Id rather see what the gun would do on its own. It just adds up to the bad credibility of that show.

Tinman507
06-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't think that show is targeted to you or any real gun enthusiast. It's geared to the general public.

QuercusMax
06-30-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't think that show is targeted to you or any real gun enthusiast. It's geared to the general public.

I think you're right, but - is the "general public" actually interested in guns???

Tinman507
06-30-2012, 08:02 PM
General public likes stuff that goes bang or boom. Look at all the movies.