PDA

View Full Version : Which is your most popular model?

pingpongtata
09-02-2009, 12:07 PM
My husband was looking at a Kahr catalog the other day and I would like to purchase him one for his b-day next month, which is the most popular?

kahrcrazy
09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
My husband was looking at a Kahr catalog the other day and I would like to purchase him one for his b-day next month, which is the most popular?
I think the PM9 or P9 are probably the two most common/popular Kahr models. You should probably find out what caliber/size pistol he likes best and go from there. They're not cheap pistols so I'd be pretty sure before buying him one as a surprise.

pingpongtata
09-03-2009, 06:43 AM
I think he was looking at the .45. Is the recoil easy to handle on the PM45. I want to be able to shoot this with him.

WMD
09-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I think he was looking at the .45. Is the recoil easy to handle on the PM45. I want to be able to shoot this with him.

I shot the PM45. Recoil is that of a 45 but I think the 40 cal is worse. Not sure you would care for the recoil though. Hubby probably would not mind. Is he looking for a carry pistol in 45? If so, the PM 45 is the one. If not, then maybe you should consider a P or CW 45.

nvmypt
09-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Personally I prefer the all metal models. I have a K40 Covert that conceals well and that my wife has no problem handling the recoil on. Just more food for thought.

littlered75
09-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I love my PM9, it has low recoil, functions flawlessly, easy to conceal and shoots great groups.

500KV
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Will he use it as a carry gun ?
If so you can't go wrong with a PM9, and you'd probably enjoy shooting it more than a .45.
I do love my CW45 though.

johnh
09-03-2009, 07:49 PM
If he can try his hand on a PM and P model that would really help you. I like the extra grip of the P, but for CCW it is hard to argue with the size of a PM. As for recoil I was shocked at how little there was when I first fired my P9. The Kahr design really tames recoil to a degree that is quite remarkable.

John

Orion2see
09-03-2009, 07:51 PM
PM9, K9, KM9 are my best 3 sellers in Oklahoma.

Dietrich
06-09-2011, 04:28 PM
I`d say the PM9 is the most popular but with the release of the CM9 it may get a run for its` money over time.

Willieboy
06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I think he'll be thrilled with whatever you get for him. Of the calibers offered by Kahr, the 9mm would be the most mild and, it is the cheapest ammo, so practice doesn't break the bank. The .45 and .40 can each be pretty stout in their recoil in a small, light gun. I personally prefer the thumpy recoil of the .45 to the snappiness of the .40.

Good luck with your decision. Whatever you decide, it will be a very thoughtful gift.

CJB
06-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Great gift!!!!

From my own perspective, as a guy... I know the calibers/cartridges that I prefer. That is to say, the 45auto, then the 9mm. I'm not big on the 40s&w. It just never... sat well with me. I do know some other shooters who feel the same way.

So, if he's a "45 guy" or a "40 guy" ... might alter your decision one way or the other. Then again, if he's a 45 guy, you might just want to get him "something different". Expand his horizons? You know best.

If he shoots a lot, he wont mind the recoil of the PM45 or P45. They're not brutes, but do recoil a bit more than the 9mm's. I've been told that the 40 has the sharpest recoil of the lot. Dunno, never shot it.

If he doesn't shoot all that much, and may find stiffer recoil objectionable, the 9 would be the best. Either the P9/CW9 (same gun, one fancier one plain), or the PM9/CM9. Same difference. The "C" being less "C"ostly.

There is a CW40 and a CW45, but currently, no CM40 or CM45.

And... I got a PM45 a few months ago. It rides in my pocket - literally - every day, and under my pillow every night. Great pistol, constant companion. Love at first sight. Match made in heaven. Errrr.... its a guy thing.

Rainman48314
06-10-2011, 09:29 PM
My husband was looking at a Kahr catalog the other day and I would like to purchase him one for his b-day next month, which is the most popular?This is such a personal choice, I would reserve a gun with the dealer, but let hubby actually decide on model and caliber before any sale is complete. Small guns are difficult to shoot. Try a .45 before you spend your money.

Scimmia
06-10-2011, 09:50 PM
I`d say the PM9 is the most popular but with the release of the CM9 it may get a run for its` money over time.
Of course nobody had ever heard of the CM9 nearly two years ago when this thread was started...

OldLincoln
06-10-2011, 09:59 PM
I second Rainman's reply! Getting a pistol is personal like getting a car, besides the model, color and other individual choices stuff, you have the registration and papers to deal with. Think how awkward he would feel if you got the one you really thought he wanted and was so excited to give it to him, but he really wanted that other one. My wife has given me gifts over the years (no guns or cars) and we went through what I picture could happen to you.

Heck, I looked at engagement rings (over 45 years ago) trying to select the "right" one until I realized she was the one to wear it forever and therefore was the only one who would know which one was right. She must have liked it because she still wears it all the time.

Dietrich
06-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Of course nobody had ever heard of the CM9 nearly two years ago when this thread was started...

Yeah,I`ve been meaning to answer this thread for the longest time but I just kept putting it off until now.Hope my answer was of some help.

O'Dell
06-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Heck, I looked at engagement rings (over 45 years ago) trying to select the "right" one until I realized she was the one to wear it forever and therefore was the only one who would know which one was right. She must have liked it because she still wears it all the time.[/QUOTE]

I bought an engagement ring in 1964 and another in 1978. Both outlasted the marriages, which were 8 years each. I think 8 years is the limit of my tolerance of pain.

OldLincoln
06-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Heck, I looked at engagement rings (over 45 years ago) trying to select the "right" one until I realized she was the one to wear it forever and therefore was the only one who would know which one was right. She must have liked it because she still wears it all the time.
I bought an engagement ring in 1964 and another in 1978. Both outlasted the marriages, which were 8 years each. I think 8 years is the limit of my tolerance of pain.
Yep, shoulda let them choose their own.:)

O'Dell
06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Yep, shoulda let them choose their own.:)

Good point, but I think I did. Difficult to remember when you've tried so hard to forget.

Willieboy
06-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah,I`ve been meaning to answer this thread for the longest time but I just kept putting it off until now.Hope my answer was of some help.

I'm with Dietrich. I've been busy.