PDA

View Full Version : New MK9; weird, anyone else have this?

Geohans
02-27-2010, 11:21 AM
New from the factory. As I dry fire, I pull the trigger-- and the slide lifts up and increases distance from the frame, in the back, under the rear sight.

This is an 03 Elite, so it should have the best trigger Kahr offers. Yes, it is correctly assembled.

I haven't had it to the range yet, but I have never seen anything quite like this with any weapon I have ever owned.

Anyone have this experience? Is this to be expected? The result is some stacking in the trigger pull, and a grittier feel than I expected. It's hard to imagine that it would be good for accuracy.

Thanks.

jvberryjr
02-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Mine did something similar - my frame eventually cracked. I sent it back to Kahr to have the frame fixed. They replaced the slide and the barrel. The new assembly did not exhibit the same behavior. I don't know if there is a relationship between the movement and the frame crack. Does the same thing happen with a round in the chamber?

Geohans
02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, that's encouraging. . . .

jocko
03-01-2010, 01:43 AM
New from the factory. As I dry fire, I pull the trigger-- and the slide lifts up and increases distance from the frame, in the back, under the rear sight.

This is an 03 Elite, so it should have the best trigger Kahr offers. Yes, it is correctly assembled.

I haven't had it to the range yet, but I have never seen anything quite like this with any weapon I have ever owned.

Anyone have this experience? Is this to be expected? The result is some stacking in the trigger pull, and a grittier feel than I expected. It's hard to imagine that it would be good for accuracy.

Thanks.

actually what is happening is the trigger bar is engauging the cocking cam which is now moving back the striker and moving the slide a tad upward. therer is nothing wrong with the gun. My K9 and PM9 both do it with no roundi n the chamber. I have no idea if it does it with a loaded round ( I wouold thinkm it would also) for I can only tell you that it will not effect
your shooting or accuracy a bit. to be totally honest with you, I have over 25,000 rounds through my pM9 and alittle over 5000 through my K9 and I have never even noticed this event happeing and I shoot my kahrs great for an ol man. I am not sure what other guns do or do not do, No doubt the tighter the slide fit the less upward movement one will get, but it also might make for a harder working more reliable gun to. With a kahr you are actually pulling the striker back 3/8", where as in a glock or Smith M & P that striker is already precocked about 75% +, there for no slide movement and a very very short trigger pull. thus also a trigger safety .

You Mk is OK, it is working as designed and trust me, you will not notice any difference in accuracy. If you see some of the great groups shot on this forum by posters, their guns are doing the exact same thing. You can't get around that slight movement with the striker system.

Just go out and give the gun a good 200 rounds break in and enjoy the kahr . You will soon forget about what you even posted. You do have the best trigger system in kahrs also. the gun will get totally smoother with rounds down range, every kahr does.

Geohans
03-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Yep, confirmed, normal. Never mind!