PDA

View Full Version : CW-40 Problems, any suggestions?

justbelowme
03-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I bought a CW40 about 2 weeks ago. I, of course, Bent the slide stop spring.. So i ordered a new one from Kahr, received it about a week later and have since installed it.

The pistol is now cycling just fine, but does not hold open after the last shot is fired. I'm wondering if the new slide stop spring requires some break in time, have only put about 30 rds through it since the install. Total have 200+ through the gun.

I really really really don't want to ship the gun back to kahr so i'm hoping someone has had and experience like mine and has a solution..

Thanks in advance

Vinikahr
03-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Bummer, the Oracle should
have an answer to your
predicament.

jocko
03-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I bought a CW40 about 2 weeks ago. I, of course, Bent the slide stop spring.. So i ordered a new one from Kahr, received it about a week later and have since installed it.

The pistol is now cycling just fine, but does not hold open after the last shot is fired. I'm wondering if the new slide stop spring requires some break in time, have only put about 30 rds through it since the install. Total have 200+ through the gun.

I really really really don't want to ship the gun back to kahr so i'm hoping someone has had and experience like mine and has a solution..

Thanks in advance

take the slide off the gun, reinstall the slide stop lever, now insert an empty magazine and see if that magazne follower picks up that slide stop lever on the inside. What I think you need to do is this. More than likely the little spring that u installed is not set right. The only thing that picks up that slide sltop lever is the magazine follower and if that little slide stop spring is under to much tension, it willwork direclty agaisnt the magazine spring which engages the follower to engage the slide stop lever. In essence I think you have the little springy thing alittle out of whack.

Here is what to do, if you have some long nose needle pliers, that little end tip on that springy thing TWEEK it upward a tad, so that there isnot so much tenion on that slide lock lever. What that little spring does is basically wanting to pull that slide stop lever down all the time, never upward, but if that little spring is maybe tweeked to far downward, it will have to much pressure on that slide lock lever for the follower to have the strength. to move it upward.

You really can't screw this up either, if u tweek it to much one, just tweek it back the other way. Now just make sure you don't tweek it to much upward that the lever just flops around also , for then you will get premature slide locking open. Youcanfigure it out, it realy is not complicated.

Defnintley not needed to send it back either..

justbelowme
03-02-2010, 02:30 PM
OK i'm gonna try that this evening. It was strange because when i loaded the mag and cycled it through manually it worked fine, but when firing it it failed. I will give it a try and post my results. thanks so much for all the information!!!!

PS I LOVE the gun as a concealed carry, best model on the market if you ask me, minus these minute problems!!!!!!!!! shoots like a d ream and dead on accuracy right out of the box!!! I would take it over a .380 any day :D

getsome
03-02-2010, 02:45 PM
What jocko said will work....I did the same thing and Kahr sent me a new spring free....be careful and don't over tighten the little torx screw and look at the spring carefully...it should be parallel to the frame rails and make sure its not pushed inward which is what I did....By the way welcome to Kahr talk.