PDA

View Full Version : P380 Recoil Spring Change Out

camper
03-01-2010, 04:40 PM
My P380 has over 800 rounds down range to date and the other day I had failure to feed issues with Winchester White Box 380 flat points. Switched to other ammo and the problem went away. Could it be I need a new recoil spring and what is the recommended number of rounds at which time the recoil spring should be changed? Thanks.

jocko
03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
My P380 has over 800 rounds down range to date and the other day I had failure to feed issues with Winchester White Box 380 flat points. Switched to other ammo and the problem went away. Could it be I need a new recoil spring and what is the recommended number of rounds at which time the recoil spring should be changed? Thanks.

also could just have been shooter error. YOu know sometimes we do screw up when shooting, not getting a good grip, not locking the wrist etc. tired from shooting also. The little P380 is a handful when shooting 50 to 100 rounds at a session. Not saying it was u, but 800 rounds certainly is not indicatvie on need to change recoil springs either. One round just could even be a light load not fully working the action etc, Maybe gun was alittle dry also.

Personally I would not worry about it and WWB is good ammo switching really doesn't prove much IMO.

Please take no offense to this statement.: It is always easier to blame the gun, for it cannot talk. It can never be our fault...

camper
03-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Not when using the slide stop to load the first round.