PDA

View Full Version : open carry friendly stores.

jocko
03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
according to the Wall Street Journal. Starbucks. WAL-MART, Home dept , best By and Barnes and Noble are openc arry friendly stores. Somethingt othink about when one decided to boycott one of these stores for other reasons.:cheer2:

Bawanna
03-04-2010, 09:21 AM
For sure. In our area alot of folks hate Wal Mart. Unfair to employees on and on. I figure a job's a job and if they don't want to work there that's ok with me. They got alot of stuff and decent prices I'm there. As far as carry, I carry friendly or not, and without notice so I don't think they really know. Glad they are friendly though just in case. One less thing to worry on you know?:cool:

deadhead1971
03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
here is the news article Starbucks Dragged Into Gun-Control Crossfire - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587938,00.html?test=latestnews)

A lot of people do not like guns (my wife :) ) , and stuff like this only makes businesses aware of what their rights are--posting no gun signs.

To me it's better to keep quiet and concealed rather than draw attention to this which can result in more "no gun" signs.

Price
03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
If given an option that is relatively convienent, similiarly priced, and local or family owned over the big guys I will take it. That being said there is quite often not that option. So like most Americans I will shop at wal-mart, best buy, or grab a cup at starbucks when thats the best or only option so it is always nice when the big guys are friendly to at least a few things that are important to me.

jocko
03-04-2010, 10:46 AM
For sure. In our area alot of folks hate Wal Mart. Unfair to employees on and on. I figure a job's a job and if they don't want to work there that's ok with me. They got alot of stuff and decent prices I'm there. As far as carry, I carry friendly or not, and without notice so I don't think they really know. Glad they are friendly though just in case. One less thing to worry on you know?:cool:

mywife has worked at our local wal mart for 22 years, makes 17.30 an hour damn good benefits, she carrys me on her benefits as I had cancer a few years back and could not get any coverage. Now on medicare, it is better but without her coverage, I would be screwed. We have no complaints about wal mart. they ain't perfect but neither is kmart, kohls, target, etc and they make alot more than working at starbucks to.

Bawanna
03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
mywife has worked at oput local wal mart for 22 years, mkakes 17.30 kan hour damn good benefits, she carry me on her benefits as I had cancer a few years back and could not get akny coverage. Now on medicare, it is better but without her coverage, I would be screwed. We have jno comlaints about wal mart. they ain't perfect but neither is kmart, kohls, target, etc and they make alot more than working at starbucks to.

Exactly my thoughts. People that work there seem happy enough. I think many don't like them coming in and putting the little stores and shops out of business but you can't blame that on the big box stores. They employ a whole lot more people than the little mom and pop shops. I love mom and pop shops, don't get me wrong, I support them what little I can but its sort of like our favorite things, hello mattel, goodbye steel and wood. I'm bawling my eyes out again.:der:

Vinikahr
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
mywife has worked at our local wal mart for 22 years, makes 17.30 an hour damn good benefits, she carrys me on her benefits as I had cancer a few years back and could not get any coverage. Now on medicare, it is better but without her coverage, I would be screwed. We have no complaints about wal mart. they ain't perfect but neither is kmart, kohls, target, etc and they make alot more than working at starbucks to.

I have learned that no one is looking out for you, it is up to you to look for yourself and your love ones. Money does not come a long way for many this days, I have to applaud Wally World, that has come up with many ways to save money to the average consumers (including me). Other has try to follow suit but has come out short. The prices they got is:music: and I can afford anything that I need and want(except for ammo).

recoilguy
03-04-2010, 12:33 PM
A gun friendly store is a good store by me. I am not a fan of WalMart personally for many reason I consider valid. Least of which is the one by my home smells like little kid pee all the time. I will shop there when my options do not allow me to go else where. I do buy ammo there on occasion but I buy most of it that I don't reload from my LGS. a few extra bucks for the conversation and the fact that we will have a Gun store locally is well worth it for me.

RCG

Bawanna
03-04-2010, 12:54 PM
A gun friendly store is a good store by me. I am not a fan of WalMart personally for many reason I consider valid. Least of which is the one by my home smells like little kid pee all the time. I will shop there when my options do not allow me to go else where. I do buy ammo there on occasion but I buy most of it that I don't reload from my LGS. a few extra bucks for the conversation and the fact that we will have a Gun store locally is well worth it for me.

RCG

Wal Mart has to be in the top 10 for great places to people watch. There are definitely a multitude of strange ducks (is that a personal slam on ducks)? I don't go often just cause we don't have one close by, although there is talk of putting one in right here in town. Since we already have more than our share of strange ducks (here we go again) I don't think it will change things much. Actually alot of the employees in the ones I been in seem to be a few degrees out of plumb too so maybe everything equals out?:confused:

recoilguy
03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Good point.....I think if I worked at WalMart I would end the day a few degrees off of plumb myself. My dad worked there after he retired and loved it. He also didn't rely on it to be his livelyhood so if he talked to his friends a little too much when he was spossed to be working and they gave him grief.........he just said fine send me home. He worked way to hard when he wasn't yacking to his buddies for them to let him go. It was a good trade off for dad.

RCG

wyntrout
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
My wife mentions that I should try getting a job there... ya know the old dudes that greet the customers and offer them carts.... I wonder if they would let me CCW....:p
Wynn:D

Bawanna
03-04-2010, 02:54 PM
My wife mentions that I should try getting a job there... ya know the old dudes that greet the customers and offer them carts.... I wonder if they would let me CCW....:p
Wynn:D

Heck yeah.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

jocko
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Heck yeah.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

crap on a good thing. Older dudes, sure can score alot by being a door greater:music::music:

Bawanna
03-04-2010, 04:36 PM
crap on a good thing. Older dudes, sure can score alot by being a door greater:music::music:

Perhaps especially if they wear leather and park their hog by the front door. Maybe a duff or do rag or whatever you greasy bikers call that rag on your head. Tattoos gotta be a big plus too.
I'm gonna go put in an app myself, supplement my day job to feed my firearm addiction.
Hi Wecome to Wal Mart, would you like cheese with that? Nope, definitely got my jobs criscrossed.
Welcome to McDonalds, here's your bloody *&$)% cart. Have a pleasant day and a better tomorrow.
I got it now.
Mr. Jocko your definitly slowing down. Your Wyn response was say substandard, better grease up your holster.