PDA

View Full Version : CW9 2nd Range Report

rkirk
03-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Drove out to the outdoor range at the Zink ranch. Red Castle Gun Club. Four of us setup a challenging IDPA stage. Seven targets and a good guy. Ten feet to 35 feet and a 3inch popper. The CW9 now has over 300 rounds down range. I also shot my service model XD9 as well. Well we decided to put two in each bad guy, so thats fourteen rounds and one for the popper. The program was pickup a medical bag and carry it to cover. While carrying the bag in the weak hand, put two rounds in each of four targets with the strong hand. After reaching cover drop the bag and shot the remaining three targets with two rounds. Two of the last three targets were positioned on either side of the good guy. These targets were about 21 feet. The last target was 35 feet.

Well the CW9 shot this stage several time and no problems. I improved with each round. I was able to shoot very well against two XD9 pistols and a Browning HP. My scores and time were some higher, and my time was longer, but this effort really boosted my confidence with the Kahr. I must admit that with only one round left in the pistol I was never able to hit the popper with the CW9. Otherwise I was wowed with this great pistol.

-- Richard

Bawanna
03-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Good report, sounds like it's working just fine for you.

Vinikahr
03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Kool!:cool:

tv_racin_fan
03-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Nice range report. Glad you are enjoying that handgun.

recoilguy
03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Cool I love shooting

RCG

In-Yo-Grill
03-05-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm not surprised at all. The CW9 has really taken off and seems to be leading way in popularity right along with the PM9.

rkirk
03-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks, guys! I resisted revolvers and pistols with double action triggers for the last six years. I was certain that single action pistols like the 1911 and Browning HP were unbeatable. I think those two pistols still are the best. However as I have found it more and more difficult for me to carry these outstanding pistols I have been searching for a new CCW. I tried the XD9sc, a very good pistol, but at 24 ounces empty and 1.2 across it is still a big pistol. Actually the BHP is thinner across the barrel and frame, than the Kahr, thicker in the grip to hold 13 +1. 32 ounces empty, it tugs down at the end of the day. It caused some awful backaches. So I started carrying a P32 in my front pocket. Not enough pistol and hard to shoot at any distance over 10 feet.

The CW9 is absolutely the answer for my CCW needs. Sorry about the ramble of my carry history.

-- Richard

Vinikahr
03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
rkirk;13487]Thanks, guys! I resisted revolvers and pistols with double action triggers for the last six years. I was certain that single action pistols like the 1911 and Browning HP were unbeatable.They are, but we are living in the 21 Century. Technology has evolved for better options.

However as I have found it more and more difficult for me to carry these outstanding pistols I have been searching for a new CCW. I tried the XD9sc, a very good pistol, but at 24 ounces empty and 1.2 across it is still a big pistol. Options are good the more the better. I have so many for every occasion and place you name it, I have one.

The CW9 is absolutely the answer for my CCW needs. Sorry about the ramble of my carry history.

My CW9t lately I have not take it for a dance since I got my PM9. But Still like it.

Bawanna
03-05-2010, 02:43 PM
"Sorry about the ramble of my carry history."

Don't be sorry, we specialize in rambling in these parts. Imagine no rambling on this site? Can't even imagine it. Hard to comprehend. Better go now, I'm rambling. Wonder if that's how the old Rambler automobile got it's name just rambled down the road from point A to point B. Just a SWAG. How am I doint Mr. Jocko????????????

jocko
03-05-2010, 04:18 PM
"Sorry about the ramble of my carry history."

Don't be sorry, we specialize in rambling in these parts. Imagine no rambling on this site? Can't even imagine it. Hard to comprehend. Better go now, I'm rambling. Wonder if that's how the old Rambler automobile got it's name just rambled down the road from point A to point B. Just a SWAG. How am I doint Mr. Jocko????????????

compare to wynn. Bet u didn't know his middle name was Rambler either did u??:19:

wyntrout
03-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I knew my name would come up when I saw that apology for rambling. You've got a long way to go before it's considered rambling. At least I haven't hit the limit on the regular part of the forum here, yet. I did have to break up my short explanation of how I post pictures to Smoke Eater the other day. Those visitor messages are limited to 1000 characters. Dang, I can't even get started with that few. I had to break that message into 4 parts!
Speaking of rambling, has anyone else tried to stick a PM45 into the PM9 Minituck? It seems to fit and a little tighter than the PM9. The K9 almost just drops in and is a little looser. I haven't tried wearing it, yet -- the PM45. I've barely dry-fired it so far. I'll wear a glove when I start shooting it. Those grips are rough. I might have to look for a box of bike inner tubes that I've had unopened for about 12 years, and cut one up to use on the grip. I don't know if I want to try sanding the grips a tad. It looks like that would change the "color" of that part of the grip.
I took a bunch of pictures of the PM9 and The PM45 parts lying side by side for comparison. Everything is a little bigger on the PM45, but they look pretty much the same size apart.
See what I mean...? I can just ramble from one topic to another so easily.... And just go on and on....:blah::typing:
Wynn:D (SEG)

rkirk
03-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Wyntrout,

I bow to the master. I will aspire to grow in the true way. Speaking of rambling after my post yesterday I was visiting various holster maker sites and stopped in at gunnersalley.com and discovered a fire sale on Comp-Tac CTAC holsters. $30 dollars for a CTAC holster. The holster does not come with any belt clips at that price. The clips cost $17 each. A brand new CTAC is $80 dollars. If you are like me I happen to have a CTAC for an XD pistol and can borrow the clips for the new holster. The sale is first come first serve. Many Kahr model holsters are still in stock. I will also post this as a new post.

-- Richard

jreXD9
03-06-2010, 09:09 AM
wynn, the bike inner tube thing works well. I've got that on my CW9 and a Hogue on the PM9 and I'm not sure which I like better.

rkirk
03-06-2010, 12:58 PM
In my range report I meant to include what a difference the Hogue handall grip made shooting my CW9. When I ordered a spare magazine I included an order for the Hogue grip. Not only did members on this forum encourage using this grip, but I remember shooting a PM9 before I bought my CW9. It was so abrasive that I could never have put several hundred rounds through the CW9 without this grip. Great call guys! During our IDPA shoot Thursday I realized I should have ordered two spare magazines. I need to order one more. What do you consider to be adequate number of magazines for the CW9?

-- Richard