PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr MK9

bigdaddy
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Just bought home today a new Kahr MK9! I'm new to the smaller pistols and wanted one as all my other guns are full size. They can be a little hard to carry and conceal at times. Hoping my experience with this Kahr is good and maybe more Kahr's in the future. They are expensive but I don't mind paying more for quality. My only concern is seeing the many threads here about frame cracks.

Vinikahr
03-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the Forum and Congrats!
Pictures or it did not happen!:D

TheSorb
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah...welcome, and let's see those pics!:yo:

jocko
03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Just bought home today a new Kahr MK9! I'm new to the smaller pistols and wanted one as all my other guns are full size. They can be a little hard to carry and conceal at times. Hoping my experience with this Kahr is good and maybe more Kahr's in the future. They are expensive but I don't mind paying more for quality. My only concern is seeing the many threads here about frame cracks.

that was heat treating process that was not right and that is from guns back in the past some what also. You should be goo dto go and u do have a 5 year warranty, so put those thoughts behind you and just go out and shoot it like u stole it.

i read alot of kahr forums and I bet I have not read of a dozen with cracked frames, and of those that I read, most were in the 40 cal MK and down by the webbing on the mag well, which certainly had to be a heat issue as there is certainly no stress where it has happened and I have seen at least 4 photos of MK's with cracked frames and all have been in that area. I have also seen a few of kahr slides cracked up front, damn few but I have seen them..

DKD
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Big Daddy,

Don't sweat the frame cracks in the all stainless steel MK's. I have had my MK9 Elite for a year, no problems, built like a tank, shoots to POI, and runs like a Swiss watch. Trigger is smooth as melted butter. She is small but a chunky little monkey at about 22.5 oz

hollander
03-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Congrats. I have had an MK9 for about 4 months now. Have about 500rds through it. Keeps getting better and more fun - I use a Pearce grip extension on the 6 rd mag. Love to shoot it and it goes with me wherever I go on my belt in the cooler weather. Warm weather is the PM9. Enjoy your new purchase.

bigdaddy
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the imput. I haven't got to shoot my MK9 yet but it sure does carry well. I'm not taking the issue with some of the cracked slides too seriously as a concern. I work in a gunshop and have seen all major brands have problems, even Glocks, and on occasion some of those $2500 custom 1911's. In fact, if you type in just about any gun make and model in Google you will be shocked at what comes back in the search. It's been my experience that most major gun makers take care of their customers, with a few exceptions. And most reputable gun shops will return a gun for you on their dime. In this economy and this particular business (gun owners are very loyal) not to do so is suicide. Forums like this reach a heck of a lot of people and that is good for everyone. Thanks again!