PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried pow'r ball in thier pm?

snatch
03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
ive been using hornady xtp and federal hydrashock for a while but when i hand rack the slide on my pm9, i notice that some of the rounds tend to nose dive into the feed ramp. on some of the hydrashocks, this slamming has caused the notches in the "petals" to seperate even further, almost deforming the bullet. i have yet to test fire either of these rounds though (no indoor range nearby and almost 2 feet of snow the last few weeks)

what i was wondering is if anyone has tried corbon pow'rball ammo. since it doesnt have the wide mouth like traditional hollowpoints it looks like it would feed smoothly and not get clogged by clothing upon penetration. the test results look good and id really like to try some. i purchased some extreme shock enhanced penetration rounds which look almost identical, but at 11 bucks for 6 rounds it gets kinda expensive to test for feed reliability. i know theres no price you can put on reliability or your saftey, but if someone else has experience with this type of round your input and observations would be greatly appreciated. thanks

p.s. 200 rounds and not a single hang up with blazer brass and pmc 124gr. i love my dlc pm9!!!:D

jocko
03-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I carry power ball in my PM9 and P380. I also am found of 124 grain gold dots and 125 corbon HP. If your gun won't function with pwoer ball the indeed it won't function with HP ammo either. It is a good round, IMO. maybe not as great as some of the HP rounds out there but It is far more reliable of a round for defense and it willcertainly do the job. I like the rounds, Critical defense is based alot on the powerball design also and it should funciton good also..

Find the round tha tyou like and just stick with it and pay zero attention to us guys who shoot something other. Every one has their own reasons why they do what they do. I tend to fart more when I walk fast, for reasons I know not why???

unclenunzie
03-06-2010, 07:35 AM
The pow'rballs work fine in my PM9, and actually have worked 100% in every caliber and make of gun I have tried, which isn't a lot but .380, 9mm, and 45 acp. They are made with an FMJ profile would probably jam less often than even fmj due to the slick surface of the pow'rball "ball".

As to terminal effectiveness, I have not found much test data as compared to say gold dots and hydrashoks, etc, but the video thhat corbon/glaser puts out is helpful. No matter what though, it is still a 100gr hollowpoint at +P levels and that ain't no BB LOL