PDA

View Full Version : crimson trace laser grips - questions

southpaw187
03-09-2010, 07:59 AM
hello everyone, I have an opportunity to buy used CTC laser grips for my MK9. can anyone answer the following questions for me? 1) the seller has an MK40. will his MK40 grips fit my MK9? 2) I am left handed. is the laser likely to be interfered with while using a left handed grip?

quikduk
03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
No...absolutely not...run away...fast...

BTW, I'll buy them if you don't want to...:D

Yes, they should fit the MK40 fine. As you are a lefty, you will have to decide if they are comfy or not as the laser is on the right side and is fairly high up...but the grip itself should be symmetrical. If you don't like them, read the second sentence again...:biggrin1: :rolleyes:

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/KahrArms/LG461/tabid/307/Default.aspx

TomD
03-15-2010, 04:30 PM
I have a MK9 and received a Crimson Trace LG-461 this past Friday. I attempted to install it on Saturday and it didn't fit correctly, so I took some pix and emailed Crimson Trace's support.

I have leared that the Crimson Trace grip is not compatable with my pistol. I have and older one, serial number GA....

Crimson Trace has told me there is a notch problem at the top screw and that my pistol has a trigger transfer bar hang up when the Crimson Trace grips are installed.

So, I just requested a RMA from Manventureoutpost. so I can return the grip for a refund.

TomD

quikduk
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Interesting...I had forgotten to ask the OP about his MK's vintage. Mine is new and I remember seeing something on Kahr's site re: either sights or wood grips for "older" and "newer" models...but I didn't put the two together.

I now suggest the OP contact CT with his SN for some 411...:19: