PDA

View Full Version : page too big for screen

pawpaw
09-16-2012, 08:42 AM
can anyone tell me how to resize the page on this forum so it's not a page and a half wide? i can use my "tools" option on my pc and set to 85% and it will fit but then the font is too small. on top of that when i leave and go to another site i have to reset to 100%. there must be a way to resize the page without doing it on the computer. any of you guys know how to do this?
thanks

Tinman507
09-16-2012, 09:19 AM
What browser are you using?

Yogi 117
09-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Try hitting at the same time the "CONTROL" & "-" (just right of the zero) to make the page content smaller. To do the opposite, at the same time hit "CONTROL" & "SHIFT" & "+". This works for Firefox & Internet Explorer. :D

Ikeo74
09-16-2012, 10:07 AM
The other option I have found to get the page to fit is to close your favorites or history section (or any other side collums) on the page while viewing Kahr Talk.

pawpaw
09-16-2012, 10:31 AM
i am using internet explorer. i have done the ctrl +- thing but font gets too small to read and i have to go back to 100% afterwards to view other sites that actually fit the screen. of all the trillions of pages i have ever visited this site is the only one with this problem.

Ikeo74
09-16-2012, 11:06 AM
i am using internet explorer. i have done the ctrl +- thing but font gets too small to read and i have to go back to 100% afterwards to view other sites that actually fit the screen. of all the trillions of pages i have ever visited this site is the only one with this problem.
I agree, this forum is the only one that does not re-size itself to fit the screen and I often wondered why.

pawpaw
09-16-2012, 12:30 PM
thanks for all the replies guys. i've looked around a bit and found i'm not the only one trying to figure this out. i have attempted to contact the web master but as of yet do not have an answer. i am assuming that they (owner/webmasters) are aware of this and are leaving it "as is". it's their forum and they can set it up any way they chose. with that being said there are tons of forums and we can (subscribe/unsubscribe) to those that (meet/don't meet) our individual needs. it's a shame though because there are a bunch of really great, really smart, guys on here.

Bawanna
09-16-2012, 02:02 PM
The boss is busy tending to some family issues currently. There are some upgrades he's currently sorting out and I'm not sure if they will address this issue or not.

I don't experience it myself or if I do I don't notice it.

Giving up a quality friendly forum for technical inconvenience don't make sense to me but one does what one has to do I suppose.

I'm about as technology challenged as they come but I stumble my way thru.

gb6491
09-16-2012, 03:09 PM
pawpaw,
What screen resolution are you using?

JFootin
09-16-2012, 03:40 PM
I had this happen to me on this site almost a year ago. Did it for a few days and then back to normal. I didn't do anything to fix it. Just a strange bug on this site that only attacks one member and then doesn't appear again for months.

Tinman507
09-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I just looked at the page source info for this site. It's dynamic; meaning it should resize according to your screen resolution. I'm more inclined to lean toward something in your browser is preventing it from properly rendering.

You said you use Internet Explorer. What version? MS is up to IE9 now.

I know from doing some websites IE6, 7 & 8 all have their little bugaboos that cause websites to render poorly. I'm doing a site right now for my gun club and I'm getting complaints (mostly from codgers) that they can't see certain things or the registration page won't come up. I nearly always tell them to upgrade their IE and the problems go away. Also clear out your cache.

Or better yet try Firefox or Google chrome.

We'll try to walk you through this. Hate to see anyone driven off by inability to see the screen.

Ikeo74
09-16-2012, 04:38 PM
My issur is not being able to see it all or read it. My problem is when I have a favorites window on the left side of the screen (about 1 1/2 inch wide) then the lines in the posts run into the right margin and to correct it I have to do 1 of 2 things. !) Page the screen back and forth to read the missinf print on the right. or 2) Close the favorites collum. If I give the forum access to the full screen, everything shows. If I have any side windows the forus does not automaticly resize to show a full line. I have 3 computers and it happens on all three. I have windows xp home edition 3rd version and windows Vista 7 latest edition.

Tinman507
09-16-2012, 05:01 PM
But what version of Internet Explorer are you using?
I'm betting 6 or 7.

With the browser open, look on the toolbar, maybe under help, not sure.
Find "About Internet Explorer" That will tell you what version.

stacy4422
11-07-2012, 07:13 PM
I have this same thing and I have no side bar open. It must be IE thats doing it cus this is my 2nd computer and it still does it, I have to slid back and forth to read the post . But I just put up with it, Lots of good Info on this form

Chogers
11-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I just did the CTRL and - together and I am in a new world! I absolutly love that I dont have to scoll down and over all the time! I am glad I can still see good though or else I would have no choice. Im happy now!

Badbot
12-05-2017, 10:10 PM
after resizing the page go into IE and reset the font to what u like.