PDA

View Full Version : CW9 Night Sight questions...

smithnsig
03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Alright, I never thought I would like my Kahr CW9 as much as I do. That being said, I would have probably gotten the P-9, and installed the XS Big dots. It has taken over as my primary carry gun.

1. Has Kahr/Trijicon gotten the issues worked out on the front sight screw problems?

2. Are the REAR sight dovetails the same on the P9, and the CW9. Would the REAR sights interchange?

Thanks, this is my first Kahr, so I am learning something new about them all the time.

mr surveyor
03-10-2010, 08:54 AM
the "issues" you seem to be concerned about are really non-issues if you send your slide to Kahr and let them install the sights. They take full responsibility for proper fit, and returning your slide without shop induced damage. And, yes, you do pay for shipping.

I do wish the Trij sights were a bit bigger, but in extremely low light/dark the sights do a good job. Other than the small dot size, I love the sights, and my CW9 has now become my favorite carry....never would have believed the Kimber and Sig would play second and third in the rotation.

surv

jreXD9
03-10-2010, 08:57 AM
my CW9 has now become my favorite carry....never would have believed the Kimber and Sig would play second and third in the rotation.

surv

+1....my xd9sc has fallen to third in the rotation, behind the CW9 and the PM9.

rtrider
03-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Ditto on having KAI do the job for you. I had mine done recently, and just returned from the my first range trip trying out the new sights. As usual, the CW9 performed flawlessly, putting over 100 rds downrange without a hiccup. I am more accurate with the night sights mounted. They're more to my eye's liking than the original sights, which I often shot low to target. I'm glad I made the switch, and in the dark that green "kryptonite" glow is a welcome sight too.

jocko
03-14-2010, 03:22 PM
rear sight dovetails are the same on the cw and all kahrs in the last half dozen or so years There used to be a difference on the older models but yours is an OK model.

I would agree with the rest here. send it back and let kahr install it, pay the amount to get it done right with full warranty behind it. The front site is a no brainer but that rear sight can be a real ass buster, as many here have found out, myself included.

Vincent
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
rear sight dovetails are the same on the cw and all kahrs in the last half dozen or so years There used to be a difference on the older models but yours is an OK model.

I would agree with the rest here. send it back and let kahr install it, pay the amount to get it done right with full warranty behind it. The front site is a no brainer but that rear sight can be a real ass buster, as many here have found out, myself included.

Mine was the exact opposite. No trouble with the rear sight but the front was wrong in several ways. When assembled to instructions the pistol would not go into battery. I will not go on about all it took to install it but the one I got was a real problem.

There are other threads here with that story.:mad:

http://kahrtalk.com/10371-post31.html

http://kahrtalk.com/10340-post7.html

I really like the sights once they are on the pistol.

merrell
03-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Mind if I ask what the cost of the night sight job on the cw9 was from Kahr?

jocko
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Mine was the exact opposite. No trouble with the rear sight but the front was wrong in several ways. When assembled to instructions the pistol would not go into battery. I will not go on about all it took to install it but the one I got was a real problem.

There are other threads here with that story.:mad:

http://kahrtalk.com/10371-post31.html

http://kahrtalk.com/10340-post7.html

I really like the sights once they are on the pistol.

heard that before. seems the threads were to long on the front sight and some dremeling had to be done to allow the gun to go in to battery. Was that ur issue?? Or something else..

mr surveyor
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Mind if I ask what the cost of the night sight job on the cw9 was from Kahr?

$120 professionally installed by the Kahr tech...you pay shipping of the slide both directions.

merrell
03-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the reply...

Don