PDA

View Full Version : Just got NIB K9098

taxifolia
03-10-2010, 12:34 PM
1. I see that the extractor protrudes from the slide a little less than 1/32 inch. It is parallel with the slide. I have an older K9 - on it the extractor is flush with the slide. Checked another NIB one and it also protrudes just a little less than mine. Does anyone see any problem with this ? Is your extractor flush with the slide ?

2. Haven't fired yet, just cleaned and lubed with CLP. These have 20# recoil spring. Racking slide is difficult - I expect that until broken in - but the first 1/2 inch or so of pull has a lot more resistance than the remainder of pull. It feels like something is hitting on something else. The other one I checked did not have that initial resistance. I'm hoping after breaking in the problem resolves itself. Any ideas ?

3. May go to 18# recoil spring. Wolff does not recommend full power ammo with recoil spring less than factory. I also put an 18.5 recoil in my MK9 to replace the factory 20.5#. Does anyone see a problem with, eg., Speer GDHP +P 124 gr. ammo in the MK9 or in the K9098 if I go to an 18# spring in it ?

Thanks.

jocko
03-10-2010, 12:54 PM
extractor is ok, don't go less than factory witht he recoil springs. Best t5hng youi can do is actually get out and shoot it before crticising it. 200 rounds and alot of things will change up for you. Racking will get easier etc.

worry about something when it happens!!!!

taxifolia
03-10-2010, 04:18 PM
extractor is ok, don't go less than factory witht he recoil springs. Best t5hng youi can do is actually get out and shoot it before crticising it. 200 rounds and alot of things will change up for you. Racking will get easier etc.

worry about something when it happens!!!!

Thanks jocko - I've been e-mailing with Clay Covel with KAHR. You guys must be related - here's what Clay said - "You really should go shoot the pistol and enjoy it before looking for so many imperfections. There's really no way to judge anything about a firearm until you're operating it as intended, ie shooting it". Clay has been great support, as has Frank Harris (I've dealt with Frank over the last couple years).

I am obviously a KAHR fan, this one being the third. Shot it today - 100 rounds - 94 FMJ ( WIN, REM, and Blazer). Last 6 rounds were WIN Silvertips. The DAO trigger feels like single action. I purposely did not hold arm stiff - I could not force a malfunction - all 100 rounds flawless - that's what I expected based on my other two KAHRS.

jocko
03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
u being a kahr owner, now know you also have a good another new gun. tolerances are what they are, One can find minor differences on many guns, but as long as they do what they are suppose dto do. just forget about it and just shoit it like u stole it. I have talked to Clay numerous times, He knows his stuff to. Kahr would fix any isse you have but it looks to me you need no fixing. More rounds down srange and the gun will get even smoother. Not sure there is really any smoother thrigger system that what comes on kahrs..