PDA

View Full Version : First time Kahr owner - CM9

janderson021
10-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Hello - I only recently bought by first semi auto pistol this year, a Ruger P95. I have an old saturday night special type which i've owned for 20 years.

So after taking the Ruger to the range alot (1000 rounds by now), and getting my CCW, I decided to get a pocket gun for carry (the Ruger isn't real concealable). So I did lots of research, rented guns at the range, and found Kahr Talk.
After all that, I decided on a CM9, and got new one at a fairly good price after some bargaining.

Did the initial cleaning and lube based upon the sticky here, and some of the other suggestions as well.
Did 2 sessions at the range of 100 rounds each.

I like this gun. It even became more accurate after the first 100 too. :D
The first 100, had a couple of fail to feeds, and twice the slide did not stay open after the last round (probably me).

The next 100, every round perfect. No failures, nothing wrong.
I didn't even have any issues with my hands getting bit.

The only thing I found is after the 1st 100, on the back of the frame where it meets the slide, the edge bulged out a little bit. I emailed Kahr, they said thats 'normal', will not affect the gun.
Has anyone else seen this on the frame?

Anyway, glad I bought the CM9, and good to be here too.

John

JFootin
10-18-2012, 08:42 PM
The frame thing is normal. Just take a finger nail file to it and dress it up.

Welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg

Yogi 117
10-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome John & congrats on your purchase of the best (IMHO) and easiest 9mm to CC. Got mine in September & love it, has replaced the LCP as my 24/7 pocket gun! Enjoy! :D

les strat
10-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Welcome from the south!

I am surprised to hear a P-series Ruger is not functioning properly. Those things have loose tolerances and usually have AK47-like reliability. I had an old P89 9mm. It was a massive wepaon for 9mm!!! It never failed one time in 15 years and thousands of rounds.

Bawanna
10-19-2012, 11:58 AM
I think you read between the lines there les. I don't see where he had any problems with the Ruger other than a bit large to carry.

Glad you found us janderson, hope you find the forum is a nice place to hang out.

janderson021
10-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey there. No, I do like the Ruger. No problems at all with it, it's easy to use and breakdown. The more I use it the more accurate it gets. It is just a bit large to conceal.
But on the other hand, the CM9 is an easy carry. Did I mention i really like the CM9? :D I'm thinking of replacing the sights with XS or something similar.

eireguy
10-23-2012, 11:46 PM
welcome to the site

Alfonse
10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome! I've got an old P94 and love it too. Don't carry it, but if I needed to take something that I could both drive nails with and count on to defend myself, it would be the chosen pistol.

yqtszhj
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Welcome. The more you shoot the CM9 the better it gets. I love mine. It's cant be replaced by anything I have seen yet.