PDA

View Full Version : Stain on stainless slide

Holeshot
09-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I made the mistake of leaving my pm45 at a leather shop over night to make a holster for it. When I picked it up it had a stain on it, the owner said he had nothing in the store that could do that. I have tried everything to get it off. Can anyone help. I got soft, he said he had no insurance,I thought well it's a carry everyday gun it's going to get beat up anyway.So he gave me the holster for nothing so I said good by

kahrcrazy
09-08-2009, 12:37 PM
If that stain is embedded in the metal you're going to have to sandblast and/or glass-bead it. Try glass-bead first if you can, not as rough on the metal. Kahr can do it for you, you just have to send your slide, but that wont be under warranty. Other than that if you've tried cleaners I don't know what else to suggest.

.45mac.40
09-08-2009, 07:38 PM
:D
Holeshot .... !
I just went thru tha' same problem with tha' stain ETC....:eek:
I had a gunpowder, rust, sweat stain... on the side and on the barrel end...looked like a brown, ole' water stain on it.
Tryed all kinds of gun oil...IE; Breakfree CLP, WD 40 ETC. Nothing worked !
Well, long story short... my friends on the TexasCHLforum.com (http://www.TexasCHLforum.com) site,
mentioned silver polish, blitz cloth, Nevr Dull.... ETC... BUT, I gotta' tell ya' ...
I grabbed my ole' can of "Brasso" AND IT REMOVED, all the junk !!!!! :)
Try it .... let us know how it worked for you ?!?
Mac

Holeshot
10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks so much I will give it a try,Holeshot

Holeshot
10-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the info,Holeshot