PDA

View Full Version : MK9 Reliability

writwing
03-14-2010, 08:49 AM
I am interested in a new CC gun and am thinking about the MK9 vs the K9 to replace my G26.

What type of reliability can I expect from the MK?

I pocket carry my G26 at times and wondered how much easier the MK would be?

Would any MK owners go back to the K9?

jocko
03-14-2010, 09:04 AM
I am interested in a new CC gun and am thinking about the MK9 vs the K9 to replace my G26.

What type of reliability can I expect from the MK?

I pocket carry my G26 at times and wondered how much easier the MK would be?

Would any MK owners go back to the K9?

the MK is just a great gun. IMO if ur gonna pocket carry it, buy the PM9, go for the weight reduction indeed. If your gonna waist band carry the MK, K9 or any version of kahr would be suitable. I have a K9 and love it but I never carry it, It is just my home vanity gun, but it is a real shooter and just top quality. I just don't waist band carry every. the MK is what it is ,,,, a small 9mm that is just a dream gun to shoot due to its weight. Your MK with come with the elite trigger (3/8" trigger travel) where as the K9 will come with the NYPD trigger (1/2" travel, whicvh is wghat my K9 is). I have no issues with the NYPD trigger pull length OF 1/2" ( 1/8" MORE). You would have to order the K9 eltie to get the 3/8" trigger length.(more money also)

would be nice if you could test shoot the MK, vs the K9 and K9 elite...

TheSorb
03-14-2010, 09:48 AM
I love my MK9! I've had no significant reliability issues to date, and that includes during the break-in period (first 200 rounds) However, it's a handful for pocket carry in terms of weight (a bit heavier than the G26), but smaller in size. I have not fired a K9, but I've held one at the gun store and I like it a lot - very comfortable and secure in my hand...dig those rubber grips!:cool:

jggonzalez
09-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Same here....my MK9 is 100% reliable, regardless of whether I feed it WWB or expensive hollowpoints.

kcvacho
09-16-2010, 07:09 AM
My MK has been 100% so far with about 400 rounds thru it. The only thing done to it is that I made a stainless steel recoil spring guide rod. I pocket carry it everywhere with a Mitch Rosen pocket holster. I carry in my rear pocket and forget that it is there, very comfortable.

quikduk
09-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I carry my '03 MK9 Elite OWB and IWB and it shoots anything I give it and it has been flawless for over 300 rounds to date. I think it is a little heavy for pocket carry (not to mention there might be to much "me" in my pockets to allow for it...).

:w00t:

hollander
09-17-2010, 06:18 PM
450 rds including breakin. Perfect all the way. Carry it owb. Pocket carry the PM9.
Both are great guns after breakin. Have shot three different kinds of ammo with 0 problems. Love the Kahrs.

g26s239
11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
My MK9 has been very reliable. I owned it for almost 5 years before getting my K9. I bought the K9 because I like the MK9 so much. The one thing that I would consider an improvement on the K9 is if Kahr made real flat grips on it like they have on the MK9.