PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Plano Texas & My First Question

Plano Mark
10-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Hello,

I am a handgun lover for the Plano Tx area. I have owned many types of hanguns, Glocks, Rugers, Springfield Armory, etc through the years.

I bought my first Kahr handgun last Saturday, a beautiful CW-9. I loved the size and "feel" of the gun, and I have hard great things about the model, and other Kahrs. I haven't taken the gun to the range to try it out.

However, I did notice something that concerns me. When I push the mag release button, the mag barely pops out and I have to pull it out. Is there something wrong, can it be easily fixed, or do I need to send it back. I had a similar problem with a CZ 75, but after a little tweaking by me, it is great.

I appreciate it.

JFootin
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

The mag not dropping is common with most of these Kahr pistols. In fact, the manual tells you to hit the release and then remove the mag. So, you see, it is kahr's intention that they don't go flying. But there are a couple of very easy fixes for those of us who want our mags to drop free. You can find help at the links above.

Charlie98
10-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Hello from north Texas! I bought a used CW9 from my FFL down in Plano as sort of a fluke to try a Kahr and ended up loving it... it's now my daily carry pistol. In fact, I like it so much I bought another as a backup, and a P45 to replace the CW9, eventually.

My mags drop free on my CW9, they drag a hair, but they don't come flying out... which is OK by me. Run some rounds through it and break it in, I suspect it won't be much of an issue after a while.

Plano Mark
10-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Yep, I did a little searching on this Forum and found the answer. I still don't see the need for that intention. To me, if it is a CCW, you may need to reload a little faster than the time it takes pulling out an empty mag. At least it is something that can improve.

eireguy
10-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Welcome to the site

jlottmc
10-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Welcome from another in Plano.