PDA

View Full Version : New Karh Owner

bigpapam109
10-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Hello all,
I am actually a rookie when it comes to hand guns in general. We had to put our German Shepherd down (12 years old) this past June. The wife mentioned that since she works from home, she hasn't felt to comfortable during the day time since that is when most home invasions happen. We discussed getting a handgun as we both have shot before, and fully understand what we are getting into. It is just us as our kids our now grown and out of the house.

I have been helping a good friend of mine move since he is going through a divorce. He is a police officer and has a selection of nice guns. For all of my help, he told me to pick anyone and it was mine. I looked at his Ruger, S&W and the Kahr P9. My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and being able to pull the slide is a huge factor. Turns out the Kahr P9 just felt great in her hand so that is the one that I have selected. Today I will be going to submit the background application and should have the gun in my possession in the next 10 days. From there, a good cleaning and off to the range so we can spend time getting acquainted with it.

From the reviews I have seen, it appears that we made a good choice.

TucsonMTB
10-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Good for you! http://home.mindspring.com/~justsomeguy/thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the forum!

itsthelaw
10-24-2012, 09:12 AM
A first time Kahr owner by sweat equity. That is awesome! THe slide might be tough for your wife to pull, but should not be a problem if kept with one in battery (chamber). You may want to consider a revolver for her.

bigpapam109
10-24-2012, 10:39 AM
A first time Kahr owner by sweat equity. That is awesome! THe slide might be tough for your wife to pull, but should not be a problem if kept with one in battery (chamber). You may want to consider a revolver for her.

She did manage to rack it with putting intact little effort but the gun has not been oiled in some time. By cupping the slide she should have no issues hopefully.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2