PDA

View Full Version : Choices

1R26
10-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Good Evening to all. I don't usually participate in forums but Thought I might get some good feed back here. I'm a deputy and am looking for a weapon that is dependable, has adequate power but most of all can be carried comfortably daily. My preferred method of carry is at the 1 o'clock position utilizing a "clip draw" yes I realize there are many critics of this method but I've been carrying a 3pat that way for a number of years and it is by far the most comfortable and concealable method for me.

I have narrowed my selection to two weapons:
Ruger LCP9 and Kahr CM9. The one I end up going with will be carried utilizing a "clip draw" as we'll. I have been reading numerous forums and have yet to see any negative about LCP but several complaining of feeding issues with Kahr. I've run approx 200 rds through an LCP and approx 50 through the CM and I plan to run another 150 through CM. I would appreciate some sharing of thoughts and or experiences.

Thanks

RRP
10-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't have a CM9, but I have a PM9 and the trigger is sooooo much better than the LCP (380) or the LC9

1R26
10-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I agree. The trigger is smoother on the CM. Has anyone had any dealings with Kahr's customer service? If so, did they stand behind there product? I was browsing site an see that I should have perhaps posted this thread in another area. This is my first visit to Kahr Talk.

RRP
10-25-2012, 07:26 PM
If you want to be confused even more, watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Av9COfLB_Y).

In the end, he bought the PM9.

JFootin
10-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum! :) I have been on the forum and a CM9 owner for about 1 1/2 years. This is the Kahr forum, so we do see posts from people who are having problems with their guns, while hundreds of other people who never have problems never bother to find or join the forum. From my observations, I can tell you that there are no chronic problems with the CM9. Kahr is selling all of them that they can make, and the gun has been a dependable performer from the get-go. That is easy to understand in that it is essentially a plain jane version of the PM9, with the internals being exactly the same. The PM9 is a mature and well refined pistol, therefore no new pistol growing pains with the CM9.

The feeding issue that a few people have is with the extended 7 round magazines, so my advice is to stick with 6 round mags. Another issue that we see much more rarely is where the magazine catch will interfere with the second bullet in the mag and cause a nose dive. People fix that by taking just a little off of the catch.

What is truly amazing is the dozens and dozens of positive reports that we see here from delighted CM9 owners! We have an unofficial club here called the CM9 Owners Club. Our symbol is :D because we we just can't wipe the ear to ear grins off our faces! Join the club!

Yogi 117
10-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Good Evening to all. I don't usually participate in forums but Thought I might get some good feed back here. I'm a deputy and am looking for a weapon that is dependable, has adequate power but most of all can be carried comfortably daily. My preferred method of carry is at the 1 o'clock position utilizing a "clip draw" yes I realize there are many critics of this method but I've been carrying a 3pat that way for a number of years and it is by far the most comfortable and concealable method for me.

Ruger LCP9 and Kahr CM9. The one I end up going with will be carried utilizing a "clip draw" as we'll. I have been reading numerous forums and have yet to see any negative about LCP but several complaining of feeding issues with Kahr. I've run approx 200 rds through an LCP and approx 50 through the CM and I plan to run another 150 through CM. I would appreciate some sharing of thoughts and or experiences.

Thanks
I won't start by discussing the "Clip Draw" method of carry, not a fan. Now, you mention the LCP9 as one of your choices, but Ruger makes an LC9 9mm & an LCP .380acp, so not real sure which one you mean.

I recently purchased my CM9 to replace my LCP .380acp, and am I glad I did. Sure, it's a few ounces heavier, but after firing the CM9's smooth trigger, I knew I had made the right choice. I can't speak to the LC9 9mm, but have heard many say it's very similar to the LCP trigger, very very long. I also don't care for the safety lever on the LC9, I just feel it's not needed with that Loooooooong trigger pull. All in all, while my LCP doesn't get much carry time anymore, I do occasionally slip it into a pair of slacks when the occasion to dress up presents itself, it just hides a little easier.

The CM9 is so easy to CC in any decent pocket holster, or I have come to love the IWB Kydex PJHolster for ease, comfort & concealibility. I followed jocko's prep & lube instructions to the letter, and have had none, zero, natta a problem with my CM9 with FMJ's or JHP's in almost 300 rounds. My vote would definitely be go with the CM9. :D

muggsy
10-26-2012, 10:50 AM
I've had all three gun and the CM9 is the only one of the three that I still own and carry. I carry it AIWB in the one o'clock position. It's 100% reliable with Speer 127gr. Gold Dots. I pocket carry a P380 as a back-up.

ltxi
10-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Thanks

Kahr's the better gun and the no brainer choice for professional use. Needs to be run in a bit more than most but that's not really a bad thing. Feeds ball and any current u&c LE ammunition just fine. Personal experience...> three years with a PM9