PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Illinois

johnk568
10-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Howdy,

I am a new owner of 2 Kahr's- T-40 & K9. Both are good looking guns. I have taken the T40 to the range and I like it better than the Glock. Just picked up the K9, due to Illinois laws, I pick it up Thursday. I'm looking forward to using both for the purposes intended. They both are well made semi's.

I am a current member of ISRA and a NRA Certified Range Safety Officer. I used to shoot Cowboy Action, but the old body isn't as fast as it was, so I retired. Hope to get back inshape to start shooting again. I am a collector of 1911's, ranging in sizes from 3" to 5", Colts, Springfields, RIA, and a custom Essex/Remington slide.

johnk568

Bawanna
10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Welcome. That's a fine combination to start off with. I hope to own a T series some day. I have a K40 and they too are sweet.

Everyone here knows I have a fondness for 1911's too.

Glad you found us.

yqtszhj
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. I don't know if you have read much of the forum yet but I see you have met Bawanna, he's like our Luke Skywalker out to save the forum. Our good friend Jocko will show up soon, he's like our Darth Vader but full of useful information. Opposing side's of the force but they are both needed to balance out the universe :)

johnk568
10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks guys, I hope not to be a pain in the neck, by asking all sorts of questions. I noticed there is a Thompson Sub-Forum , I got one of them too. I believe its a TM-1, with 3 stick mags, cost me a Colt "Black Army" 1911. I still have the Carbona model, as well as 2 original Colt 1911, mfgd in 1918, US Property marked. I also have a 1898 Krag Springfield, 03A3 springfield, 2- M1 Springfield Garands, M-1 Carbine, to round out my Milsurp guns.

johnk568

Bawanna
10-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Tommy Guns Rock and make a perfect running mate to the 1911 too.

I have a 27 A1, there's a few Tommy fans here too. My Go To guy for Tommy questions is Ghost Soldier. Talked me thru a few mods. Showed me how to fix my mag catch so I could use unmodified GI mags.

I don't know about that Luke Skywalker title, I'll have to ponder that some. I wasn't a real lost in space fan cept for Spock. Kind of dug the pointy ears and calm logical demeanor.

JFootin
10-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the forum! :) You and Bawanna will be great friends. He is a hopeless gun lover, owns a collection of 1911s and numerous other guns. He also makes grips for people's 1911s and some other guns, strictly as a hobby - not for profit because he is a great guy! :D

Here is a thread about his grip work:
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5082&highlight=emporium

Bawanna
10-31-2012, 10:17 AM
I see you've met Jfootin my Vice President of Marketing.

After my visit with the plumber last week my financial people say for profit would be good about now. They did not say how to go about making that happen so for now it's still a hobby. Have to use wood on hand since the stabilized stuff is temporarily out of reach.

I still got my toy box and that's all that's important to me mostly.