PDA

View Full Version : XS 24/7 sights

cineski
09-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Just curious who has XS 24/7 sights on their Kahrs? I really dig the dot the i sights that are stock, but would like night sights in the same configuration. I'm specifically thinking about the standard size dot on my PM9 first. What's your experience with them? Did you install yourself or send the slide off? Thanks in advance.

kahrcrazy
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I've got them on my MK9 and my K40. I love em for a carry pistol. Extremely fast target acquisition during day or night. Not exactly a target shooting setup, but great for my purposes. They also have a smoother profile (not smaller but less angled edges), which make it less likely to hang up on clothing or a holster. I had it done at the factory.

cineski
09-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Do you have the standard or big dot?

kahrcrazy
09-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Ive got the big dots on both

cineski
09-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I wonder if the standard dots help longer range accuracy. Are the Standard Dot sights the same physical size as a normal front sight with a larger white circle? Or is the sight itself still physically bigger?

Nitro700
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I had them put on my Kahr K9 Elite98 right after I got the gun, and I do not regret it. I had a gun smith put them on for me, hopefully you can find a gun smith at a range so you can check out sights and have adjustments made if needed. The gun smith charged me $20 bucks and took him about 15 mins. maybe; and no adjustments needed very happy.:D

MiltonY
09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
I have the standard dot 24/7's on a Glock 19. I don't think they add any accuracy to the equation versus the big dots and the big dot is easier for these old eyes to see.

Granted, it's always nice to know that your pistol is more accurate than you are and to be able to drill a ragged hole at 15 yards (and that's certainly true of my Kahrs), but when push comes to shove, it's ultimately about fast target acquisition and being first off the dime. In that regard either the standard dot or big dots are about the fastest around.

I had all of mine put on by my local dealer who had the padded vice and punch. I shot it to verify positioning and that was that. Took all of about 15 minutes each time including removal of the factory sights and installation of the 24/7s

jimmer
09-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I purchased a set of Trijicon sights for my PM40 from Kahr shop.com I tried to get a gun smith to install them but with hunting season here it was a 3 to 4 week wait so with help from YouTube on dovetail sight installation I decided to try installing them myself, the hardest part was finding a non marring brass drift punch, I ended up making my own out of a brass valve stem from an old shower faucet I had, rounded one end to approx 1/4”, the Kahr sights are in so tight it took the edge off the punch I had to reface and flatten one side of the punch to get more surface area and out they came, with a bit of filing and using the same punch the new Trijicon sights were installed. Not I mark on the gun and very pleased with the sights.