PDA

View Full Version : Hello KahrTalk Community...

KahrOnTheFly
11-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi All,

Just joined the KahrTalk community tonight. However,... honestly, I have been "lurking" the forum for the past months and credit this great community for guiding me into purchasing a PM9 as my first CCW pistol.

I am going to do the "prep-cleaning" tonight and will follow the great advice posted about prepping, lubricating, and break-in. It seems to be a stiff/tight son-of-a-gun, as it takes some serious pull to cycle the slide! I look forward to smoother days with this cool little piece.

Eventually, I will be asking for recommendations on holsters, etc.

Thanks again to everyone and I look forward contributing to this board in the near future.

LorenzoB
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Welcome aboard! My CW9 was super tight and difficult to rack too, but it got very smooth after only 100 rounds. My friend just bought a CW9 and brand new out of the box it was super oily and gritty from the plastic rails, but I know after a good cleaning and a hundred rounds it will smooth up too.

Sage
11-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome and congrats on the PM9. I love mine. After you put a few hundred rounds through it it will feel like a different gun. I have over 1100 rounds through mine without a single failure.

7shot
11-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new Kahr...

MilesDavis
11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah i just got my CW9 a few days ago, and i've been dying to shoot it (should be able to find some range time tomorrow or wednesday), but after cleaning/lubing it I have been simply hand racking the bejesus out of it while watching tv, either my hands or getting stronger or it's gotten easier to rack, one or the other.

eireguy
11-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Welcome