PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Michigan.

col forbin
11-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Just wanted to say hello. I'm a week away from trading my Ruger SR9C for a CM9 when it arrives at my FFL.

One main question I have in regards to break in. Has anyone done the full 200 round break in one range session? Or would I be asking for a less than fun range trrip?

Also if you have a favorite pocket or IWB holster for your CM/PM9 tell me about it.

Looking forward to my new acquisition.
Cheers,
CF

MikeyKahr
11-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Welcome to a great forum, I think you'll enjoy your time here. And your CM9 - congratulations! Best of the small 9s in my opinion except its more deluxe brother PM9.

I think you will get through 200 fine in one setting, good to get it over. I shot 160+ and it went fine. Make sure to hit up the stickies in the Kahr Tech section on lubing and prepping your gun from the start, some great advice there. Also, if you have a boresnake i suggest giving the barrel a quick clean after the first 100 just in case.

As for pocket holsters I have the DeSantis Nemesis and use it every day. Lots of choices out there, but that is what works for me. Let us know how it goes!

Bawanna
11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Welcome Col. Mikey as usual nailed this one, good answers.

I think you will be the judge as to weather you get 200 in one sitting. I'd say if it's going well and your feeling good with it then keep going. If things are not so good, hand hurts, can't hit the barn door etc, then shorter sessions would be advised.

I went thru 350 in my PM45 first outing, had my son shooting too. The gun most likely will be fine out of the box but I firmly believe in shooting it a lot to make sure.

You might want to throw an innertube over the grip or wear a glove, they get be a little cheese cutter sometimes. Some it doesn't bother at all, others get pretty chewed up.

Main thing, keep it fun and enjoyable.

skiflydive
11-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Where in MI? Kalamazoo here. Congrats on the CM. You'll like it. I did my breakin 50-50-100 over a couple of weeks.

Bawanna
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
There really is a place called Kalamozoo huh? I learned to play one when I was in grammar school.

eireguy
11-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Welcome

col forbin
12-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Been a while since I had a chance to update. I just wanted to add another one to the ranks of people who followed the new prep and lube threads and had success. 200 perfect rounds!

The worst part about doing that in one session was reloading the magazine without a loader, over and over.That makes for a raw thumb.

I've went with the Desantis Nemisis, works great in the pocket. I'm still searching for an IWB option also. While I'm a fan of the Crossbreed style for my G17, I think for something small like the CM9 a single clip style would be more convenient for taking it off/on and stashing in a small lock box when needed. Thoughts?

Actually another comment/question. I see that many people recommend a grease as a lube in the lube diagram thread. However since it's cold here in the winter and I need to lock the CM9 in a box in the car from time to time I've gone with a thinner lube (Ballistol). As grease can have issues if it gets really cold. Am I over thinking or is this recommended?

Geobob
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Hello, CF, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

And, best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and safe, prosperous New Year to you and yours.

JFootin
12-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the forum! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg

The Ballistol will work fine.

I highly recommend the PJ IWB kydex holster (http://pjholster.com/?page_id=37) with the over the belt clip. Easy on and off and perfect click in/click out when drawing and reholstering. And I gotta tell ya, it is so comfortable that your CM9 will disappear from your perception of it being there just behind your hip! :D I have to reach back there and touch my CM9 to assure myself it is still there! There are countless folks here that will tell you the same thing about these holsters. Believe me, your holster search will be over! :)

Booker T
12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome Col Forbin and congratulations on a great choice. Do the recommended prep and hope all goes well.

BassPlr
12-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Hello from Mt. Clemens! I'm new here as well! I own a CW9 and love it! Enjoy!

rago
12-27-2012, 06:38 AM
break in is not that bad once you start shooting you will realize huh im out of bullets , dang gotta go buy more. :)

BucketBack
12-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Welcome from West MI, I've been to K-Zoo, and I've never seen the Mountain they mention in Mt.Clemens. Is the Mountain by Cass Auto or NAPA?

Flincher
12-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Welcome from another new member from balmy North Dakota