PDA

View Full Version : hello from Chicago

brianfede
11-16-2012, 04:57 PM
New to the forum. Looking to buy my first Kahr.

JFootin
11-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello. Welcome to the forum! :) Let us know what sort of use you want to put your Kahr to, what caliber, what kind of carry (IF you can carry in Obama's home town!) We can help you decide on which model is right for you. (Of course, it might just be your FIRST Kahr! These pistols grow on you!)

rholmes69
11-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I didn't know you could own a pistol in chicago! I kid, I kid, welcome!

7shot
11-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Welcome a board...here's my two cents. I prefer the K and MK series pistols in 9mm. The others are nice too but I just like the design, weight and balance of these compact 9mm's. They all run flawlessly with a nice smooth trigger and are accurate. What else could you want! Good hunting, let us know which you choose.

LorenzoB
11-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome! We can help! What are your thoughts so far? What do you want it for? Carry, home defense, range fun, etc.? Do you already own a gun?

I bought a CW9 and it is right for me, but I am already looking at some more Kahrs. They are mighty fine guns!

brianfede
11-17-2012, 07:17 AM
I am considering a 9mm, for range, carry (I'm in WI alot) and for home protection. I have a small collection of 1911's and revolvers but my wife doesn't feel 100% comfortable with either of those platforms. Hence, I think a striker fired gun is the way to go. I just can't get myself to buy a Glock, didn't like the SA XDS, and I wasn't thrilled with the accuracy of the S&W Shield. I have heard great things about Kahr's but they aren't very popular in Illinois due to lack of CCW law. I have been able to fondle a few but haven't yet to shot a Kahr. Any opinions are appreciated.

QuercusMax
11-17-2012, 07:48 PM
First, condolences for living in Chicagoland. Must be tough for someone who is interested in guns and wants to protect themselves. A Kahr would be a pretty good choice. And good thinking on the Glocks.

I have a MK9 which is a wonderfully-made piece of steel, except a bit heavy and a bit small for my hands to use accurately. If I had to choose another Kahr just for carrying, I would go with one with a slightly longer grip and somewhat less weight. You can compare the various grip lengths using the Kahr catalogue, or better yet find someone or someplace that has a few to compare.

tv_racin_fan
11-18-2012, 06:27 PM
EVeryone is different but I prefer the size and so far the two guns I have that size and great.

I prefer the K9 for myself. I like steel. But the wife has the CW9 and to be honest that one sold me on the size and Kahr.

johnk568
12-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Brian,

Howdy from Matteson, Illinois. I have a K-40 & T-9, both SS and I like them as well as my 1911's. They are great looking & functioning pistols. How far North in the burbs are you? I belong to ISRA & we could go to the range and you can shoot them.

John

AIRret
12-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Brian,

Howdy from Matteson, Illinois. I have a K-40 & T-9, both SS and I like them as well as my 1911's. They are great looking & functioning pistols. How far North in the burbs are you? I belong to ISRA & we could go to the range and you can shoot them.

John
See how great this forum is!! People are knowledgeable and always willing to help.
WELCOME!