PDA

View Full Version : Kahr initiation post !.....

Romeandjill
11-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Hello to all !!

My name is Rome O. and my family and I reside in GORGEOUS Austin Texas.
I am 39 yrs old and have been an avid firearms junkie since I was a young boy, buying my first two handguns on the same day I turned 21.... an AMT back up .380 and Glock 17.
I recently acquired a CW45 in a trade deal and have taken quite a liking to the little girl.
After reading a fair amount of mixed reviews and the fact that this was a used weapon when I got it (my thought was perhaps there was a reason why the previous owner parted with it...though he claimed it was utterly reliable) I was skeptical at first of whether I had done the right thing.
Last night at the range solved it all......... FLAWLESS.
I have owned nearly a dozen Glocks and still carry a G23 daily but do have to say........ this little CW45 now has a "forever home" in my waistband !!
Thanks to all for a very cordial and informative source of info on these little American made gems !!! :D

ripley16
11-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Kahr initiation post !.....
The current initiation rite is for new members to send one of their favorite firearms to the first member that welcomes the new member.

Welcome!! :D

Bawanna
11-21-2012, 09:18 AM
You apparently weren't at the last board meeting, that was rescinded and now it's the second.

Welcome Rome, looks like we got another fan amongst us.

Bawanna
11-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Imagine that, I'm number 2. I'd like to thank the academy and all the little people that made this all possible.

Rome don't pay too much attention, some us are on work release from the nut farm.

Romeandjill
11-21-2012, 10:10 AM
LOL.....no worries guys
I am just happy to have found a forum where everyone isnt an "expert" and there is an open avenue for info exchange :)

Frayed Knot
11-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I am just happy to have found a forum where everyone isnt an "expert" and there is an open avenue for info exchange :)

That is so true. Welcome.

muggsy
11-21-2012, 06:51 PM
LOL.....no worries guys

We're all experts to one degree or another. I usually reply to third degree questions or take the fifth amendment. :)

7shot
11-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Welcome aboard from a fellow austinite...hope you're enjoying your Kahr!

rjt123
11-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Howdy from down in Corpus Christi. What's a good place to shoot in Austin? (I prefer indoor ranges). I might be visiting my Uncle soon.

LorenzoB
11-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Welcome aboard!
Glad the gun turned out to be a keeper, and glad you found KahrTalk!

Romeandjill
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Hello !!.......We are new to the Austin area......6 months or so....originally from the Nebraska/ Iowa area, and trust me when I say this is our now "forever home!" Austin is absolutely FABULOUS !

Romeandjill
11-22-2012, 09:14 AM
There is only one indoor range that I know of locally and that would be Red's. They have two locations... one north and one south. The rifle range needs better lighting but overall not that bad. Just make sure that you gather your brass frequently as they will come by and sweep it out from under your feet while you are shooting and seem somewhat disgruntled when you tell them you want it.

Romeandjill
11-22-2012, 09:15 AM
THANK YOU !!! And glad to be here !