PDA

View Full Version : New member

The1gun
11-22-2012, 05:44 PM
I have a p380 coming probably tomorrow. I have been looking over all of the info you have on Kahr's so I probably won't have very many questions. The break-in advice is very comprehensive.

I have been shooting handguns for 40+ years and enjoy the process of qualifying a new one. I have avoided 380 for the most part but the design features of the Kahr really intrigue me.

As a young lad I purchased my first handgun as soon as I was legally able to do so. My dad was not a gun guy so I had no parental supervision. I bought a Smith & Wesson snub nose 38 and shot it into a river bank on the way home from the GS. No ear protection. I'm amazed I stuck with it. A turning point for me was when I bought a copy of "Cooper on Handguns". I pretty much memorized it. From that point on, I was very responsible and have enjoyed shooting handguns very much.

Tank
11-23-2012, 10:34 AM
You sir, are in for a real treat. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. Give it the 200 break in rounds to loosen up a little, hold it tight, and stay away from the flat nose bullets and it should run fine.

The1gun
11-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks Tank,

I touched it at the GS but NICS is so backed up I could not take it with me. He said he will come in late tonight and try to get through on the phone and get it approved.

First impression was very positive. I like the mag difference, some don't. I have extensions on some of my Glock mags and some are not. I can shoot either. but carry the non-extended with the extended as a reload mag.

I tried the trigger, my first Kahr, and it was soooo smooth.

Hopefully, I will get to take it home tomorrow...

Bill

The1gun
11-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Well I got it. I can't remember being this positive about a firearm that I have yet to shoot. Well done Kahr Arms...

LorenzoB
11-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Welcome aboard! Let us know what you think after you shoot it. I've never shot the P380, but I have held just about every time at the store. It is a mighty fine mouse gun!

downtownv
11-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Enjoy your new Kahr
Welcome to the forum from the Jersey Shore