PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Comp-Tac holster for...

In-Yo-Grill
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
my P45. Got in on clearance thanks to rkirk for the heads-up.

This holster fit my gun like a glove and there is no play whatsoever. It just slides in and snaps in place.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P3170002.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P3170003.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P3170004.jpg

OkieGunGuy
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Comp-Tac makes a great holster. Got a paddle holster for my new CW9 coming. My IWB holster is a Crossbreed Super Tuck.

I've had a Comp-Tac tactical paddle holster for my CZ 75B for years and love it.

In-Yo-Grill
03-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Someone requested I take pics of the holster in use so here they are...It's a little tough to photograph yourself.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P3180006.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P3180008.jpg

recoilguy
03-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Thats nice....its is invisible to me. That is what you look for in a holster.

RCG

In-Yo-Grill
03-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Thats nice....its is invisible to me. That is what you look for in a holster.

RCG

Yeah...that was just a quick tuck. If I do it right then you wouldn't know I'm carrying.

jbaker
03-18-2010, 09:29 AM
how does that ctac/sob carry feel when you sit.

In-Yo-Grill
03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
So far after a week of using the CTAC it feels best just off center. It doesn't bother me while I sit at all. I did try it closer to 7 o'clock (left-handed) and didn't like it at all.

Bawanna
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Call me confused, the picture must be swapped somehow. The pic of the holster itself clearly looks left handed, I was feeling sorry for your handicap, but the pic of you wearing it appears right handed, hmm the pants tag over the pocket? Isn't that usually over the left back pocket, course could be either way I suppose. Maybe another cup of java and it will make better sense.

Vincent
03-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I would strongly advise you to get that pistol off of your spine. A simple fall with that steel slide over your spine could be crippling. It is not at all uncommon to get knocked on your ass in a fight, even a gunfight. If you fall on that gun there is a strong chance the fight will be over for you.

I have broken my back 3 times. I have 8 compression fractures and one burst fracture. I have lost 3" in height due to the spinal compression fractures.

Two weeks ago yesterday I fell very hard on just the area where you gun is. I fell from a porch that is two stairs high onto asphalt. If I had been carrying a gun over my spine it would probably mean a wheel chair for the rest of my life. As it is I have been in tremendous pain but at least I'm walking

When I broke my back the second time just falling from standing to sitting. I will not bore with the details. 21 days in the hospital, 3 months of full time bed rest. 7 months out of work (mostly office work I was a Quality Eng. at the time).

Third time was a re injury of #2. 19 days in the hospital, 5 months of bed rest. Lost my position as a Quality Manager.

I have been in serious pain every minute of every day since Nov 1973. The Docs are pretty much amazed that I can walk at all.

Please, PLEASE re consider carrying that wonderful piece of steel over your spine. It is a horrible fashion that we see on TV and in the movies. It is a terrible idea. Please believe me when I tell you that it can happen to you.

In-Yo-Grill
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I would strongly advise you to get that pistol off of your spine. A simple fall with that steel slide over your spine could be crippling. It is not at all on common to get knocked on your ass in a fight, even a gunfight. If you fall on that gun there is a strong chance the fight will be over for you.

I have broken my back 3 times. I have 8 compression fractures and one burst fracture. I have lost 3" in height due to the spinal compression fractures.

Two weeks ago yesterday I fell very hard on just the area where you gun is. I fell from a porch that is two stairs high onto asphalt. If I had been carrying a gun over my spine it would probably mean a wheel chair for the rest of my life. As it is I have been in tremendous pain but at least I'm walking

When I broke my back the second time just falling from standing to sitting. I will not bore with the details. 21 days in the hospital, 3 months of full time bed rest. 7 months out of work (mostly office work I was a Quality Eng. at the time).

Third time was a re injury of #2. 19 days in the hospital, 5 months of bed rest. Lost my position as a Quality Manager.

I have been in serious pain every minute of every day since Nov 1973. The Docs are pretty much amazed that I can walk at all.

Please, PLEASE re consider carrying that wonderful piece of steel over your spine. It is a horrible fashion that we see on TV and in the movies. It is a terrible idea. Please believe me when I tell you that it can happen to you.

I sincerely appreciate the advice and will take heed.

Bawanna...the reason it looks different while I'm wearing it is because I took the pic in a mirror. At least I think that's why it's different...lol

Bawanna
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Thats it, the mirror never crossed my mind. Makes good sense.

Also I can confirm that wheelchair life sucks big time. Will be 16 years for me in May. Didn't fall, wall fell on me. Being able to walk 10 ft would open lots of doors and opportunities.
I never thought of the possible injuries related to behind the back carry but food for thought. You just never ever know.

Vincent
03-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Thats it, the mirror never crossed my mind. Makes good sense.

Also I can confirm that wheelchair life sucks big time. Will be 16 years for me in May. Didn't fall, wall fell on me. Being able to walk 10 ft would open lots of doors and opportunities.
I never thought of the possible injuries related to behind the back carry but food for thought. You just never ever know.

I'm not saying to not carry behind the back....just not straight at 6 o'clock over spine.

I have spent the last 37 years in pain and one stumble, one fall away from wheels.

Bawanna45cal, I hope that things are changing for people like us. The " Miami Project" and Chris Reeves foundation are doing great work.

I hope it happens in time to help. At least it gives something to hope for.

Bawanna
03-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm not saying to not carry behind the back....just not straight at 6 o'clock over spine.

I have spent the last 37 years in pain and one stumble, one fall away from wheels.

Bawanna45cal, I hope that things are changing for people like us. The " Miami Project" and Chris Reeves foundation are doing great work.

I hope it happens in time to help. At least it gives something to hope for.

Ironically and I don't want to drag this thread too far off course but I was hurt on the job the same week that Chris Reeves fell off his horse. I went down on a tuesday and he fell off on a friday if I remember right. Surprisingly I took the whole ordeal pretty easy and it was even easier when I compared my situation to his. He broke so high he lost everything, I broke so low that if it had been any lower I might have just broke my pelvis and eventually been ok, not quite that lucky. Unlike yourself I really don't have any pain other than just getting old and out of shape pain. I get all the literature from the "Miami Project" and agree they are doing good stuff. Also hope that it's in time but when we consider how many people will be in line to get the cure when it happens it's gonna take a long long time. If I'm in front of you in the line you can have my spot, hate to think of you in constant pain.
Quick side note. In the hospital I had 2 events each day physical therapy and occupational therapy, 1 hour each and then nothing the rest of the day. One day nurse hands me the same old schedule but it has psych added. I asked whats psych. She said a counsellor would talk to me. I was into guns then too and everyone I knew brought me gun mags etc. I had them all layed out on my bed open to various pages. I was right accross from the nurses station so I saw him coming. He walks in says hi Joe I'm doc something. I asked if he knew anything about guns. He said a little. I said if you was gonna kill yourself would you use a revolver or an automatic? He said you don't need me do ya. I told him nope but hang around an BS for awhile, kind of lonely. Just don't get all Dr. Phil on me.
Hang in there Vincent, remember you get my spot in the cure line.

sharpetop
03-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Get a good gun belt to carry that holster and you will be amazed at how much better your rig will feel.

fastgun
03-20-2010, 09:26 AM
A PM9 in a Comp-Tac will disappear and be so very secure.

I had to replace the belt clips when one broke after 4 years.
The new clips are very much better! Stronger too.