PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Southwest Florida

SeamasterSig
11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I wanted to finally introduce myself, seeing as how I've been lurking for some time (for some reason I couldn't post to the forum after registering, but that no longer appears to be the case).

I am the proud owner of my first (and surely not last) Kahr: a used P9 that appeared to be in near mint condition when I purchased it. However, I discovered that it did have a serious issue after my first trip to the range and Kahr agreed to repair it under warranty. Now that the pistol is back in my hands, I'm not entirely sure that the issue has been fully eliminated, but I'll post a separate thread about that in the P-series sub-forum instead of getting into it here.

Several months ago I was looking for a K9 or K40 for use as a CCW, but they are hard to find either new or used around here. I tend to prefer steel-framed pistols, but when I picked up this P9, it had a super smooth trigger and fit my hand so well that I knew the search was over... for now, anyway. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I round out the Kahr collection with a K-series and P380 :)

wyntrout
11-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Welcome to the forum. I recently bought an '04 vintage P9 DLC with NS for my wife. :rolleyes: I really like it and just bought a ported barrel from Kahr while they're on sale. I think Wifey may like it if she ever gets to the range with me. I have the P40 and want a P45, too. I like my K9 size, but polymer is lighter by 8 ounces or so... important to me, especially since I wear shorts most of the time. I had to switch to belt-looped ones and get a decent gun belt... Kydex-reinforced Loopers... and now am comfy and confident my gun is staying put.

Wynn:)