PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr owner checking in

joebucci
12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Ordered my CM9 yesterday and I'm pretty excited about it.

Been reading and rereading the break in procedure and lube points diagram.

I'm ready to have this thing in my hands so I can get started!

muggsy
12-19-2012, 10:41 AM
If you follow the break in procedure it should be a pleasant experience. Stick with a good quality ball ammo (FMJ) for the first two hundred rounds. Run it well lubed until it loosens up a bit. You made a good choice. My CM9 is my favorite carry gun.

joebucci
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
That's for the reassurance and advice muggsy!

Tinman507
12-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the forum Joe,

You're gonna love that little pocket rocket. Just do your part and it'll be a happy break in.

Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.

joebucci
12-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks Tinman!

I definitely intend to follow recommended break-in procedure and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions!

Geobob
12-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Hello, Joe, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here.

And, best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

joebucci
12-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Thanks Bob!

Still waiting on my shipment. I understand gun shops are busy these days.

Happy Holidays to you as well!

LorenzoB
12-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks Bob!

Still waiting on my shipment. I understand gun shops are busy these days.

Happy Holidays to you as well!

That is an understatement! ;)
Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum! I know it is hard waiting (us Californians are used to it with our 10 day waiting period). The wait will be worth it, as that is one fine gun. Congrats.

joebucci
12-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Thanks LorenzoB!

According to the tracking number, it will arrive at the FFL today!

K550
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello All,

I am i new here, just joined, before buying a PM9 or CM9 tomorrow; already read the intros, esp tech/lube/prep stuff: good info! thank you!

joebucci
12-28-2012, 08:26 AM
It's here!

Proud owner of a new CM9.

I've cleaned it and lubed it according to the great guides I found on KahrTalk.

Just sitting here admiring it and racking the slide as many times as I can handle!

Planning my first trip to the range. Maybe tomorrow!

Now, if I could only find a decent supply of 9mm ammo these days...

joebucci
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Made it the range. Other than the slide failing to lock back at the end of the very first magazine, I had no problems. 109 rounds. 100 blazer aluminum case fmj and a few Winchester JHP. 100 more next time and the CM9 will be spending time as my EDC!

Booker T
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Welcome joebucci and K550, from the western side of the state of Missouri!

Glad to here your first range trip went well and congratulations on a fine CCW choice. I think you will grow to love and trust that little spitfire in no time. I've had mine for about 6 or 7 months and it goes pretty much everywhere with me. I really wouldn't want any other 9mm for CC, including the high priced ones.

If you have any problems with it, just don't freak out like a lot of folks tend to do. Relax, share your concerns on here and let the fine members of this site help you figure it out. I believe you will be more than happy the more rounds you get through her. Cheers

Flincher
12-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Welcome from balmy North Dakota

joebucci
01-07-2013, 06:21 AM
212 rounds later and I'm confident I made a good decision. Zero failures.

Ran 50 PMC Bronze FMJ and 50 Blazer Brass FMJ along with a couple more straggling Winchester JHPs on top of the 100 Blazer FMJs (aluminum) last week, so I guess I can call it broken in!

Ordered a second magazine yesterday.

So far i like my $10 Wal-Mart pocket holster better than my Desantis SuperFly.

My El Paso Saddlery Pockey Max is on the way. We will see about that one.

Thanks for all your responses!

Flincher
01-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the forum. Follow the recommended clean, lube, and break in procedures and she'll run like a fine watch.

JFootin
01-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forum, joebucci! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg