PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Colorado

fjr9
12-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Hello all,
Been looking at the Kahrs for several months now...finally ordered one today...Looking forward to getting it in a few days. (Gonna take that long for my background check to clear at this rate anyway....)
I've found a lot of good information here so far, with tons more to read through. Looks like a friendly bunch here.

Cheers,
Chris

JustinN
12-20-2012, 05:34 AM
Well, What did you order?!

Welcome too...but more importantly tell us about the gun!

fjr9
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Sorry, I should've mentioned that in the first post..hehe
I'm getting a CW 45.
Should ship today, but Colorado is on at least a 3 day backlog for back ground checks, so may be after Christmas before I have it in hand...

yqtszhj
12-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Ah, very nice .45 pistol. Have one myself.

Welcome to the forum and let us know if there are any questions.

Geobob
12-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Hello, Chris, and welcome from Missouri to this great Kahr forum. Good folks and info here! Say "hi" to the Rockies for me - I was born in Gilman (near Leadville)....

LorenzoB
12-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Merry Christmas on that CW45. Sorry to hear it won't be under the tree on Christmas morn. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

fjr9
12-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Thought I would chime in with an update...Finally got the CW45 yesterday. I've been working through the prep procedures, and looking around for a holster or two. I thought I read somewhere that some glock holsters fit. Went to the local "Cop shop" today, and didn't have much luck with the Serpa holsters (Of which I am a fan) So the search continues...

otium
12-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Congrats on the new cw45!

Yeah, they reported 62 hours "instant" background checks on the local news. Certainly the pits for anyone buying them with the extra wait.

There had to be a huge amount of gun purchasing going on the last few days! Have never seen it like that, except for maybe a single day like black friday, but never for days - plural.

Let us know how you like it after you get a chance to try it.

Have fun!

jeepster09
12-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota. Used to live in Laramie a few years back, always liked the Grand Junction area.

CJB
12-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Welcome!~

Flincher
12-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Welcome from another newbie from North Dakota

fjr9
01-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Well, finally got to the range today to put my new CW45 through it's paces!
All in all, I'm very happy with this gun! Over the past couple of weeks, I had been reading a lot on this site, and trying to learn as much as I could about the CW45.
I cleaned and lubed per the instructions, and followed the directions for prepping a new Kahr pistol. So how did the range go? Overall it went well, fired 100 rnds...I had 3 FTEs, but they were all on the last round out of the magazine. It looks like they just didn't make it all the way out before the slide closed on them...the brass got mangled up pretty good. Trigger does take some getting used to, and I found myself shooting low. (I had some good groups though) recoil was as expected for a short barreled .45 I think it's a keeper!