PDA

View Full Version : INFINITY belt slide holster for K40?

Babalooie
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Does anyone have an Infinity belt slide holster for a K40 as sold brownells? I'm thinking of getting one and am curious.

rock
09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't, but looked at them on the web site and it LOOKS like the end of the gun may hang out bottom of the holster. I personally don't like that as the gun can be bumped from below and pushed up such as sitting down in a chair. Again it looks like that type of holster but may not be.

Babalooie
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I think you're right. It looks like the gun sticks out of the bottom. I wasn't looking for this kind. Thanks for pointing that out. You saved me the hassle of having to return something I didn't want.

Dozer
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
This holster looks a bit like the Galco Jak Slide. The Jak Slide puts the gun between you and your belt. It's an open top and open bottom design that allows different size guns to fit (a tactical 5" as well as a subcompact 3" for example). The fact that the gun is inside your belt, does help it to tuck very tightly against your body. The drawbacks to the Jak Slide as well as the Infinity, like you mentioned, are that since the barrel is exposed, it can be damaged as well as pushed up when seated. The problem I had, that made me stop using it immediatly, is the position of the holster put the barrel/slide right over a rivet in my levis. There is a rivet on the side and on the rear pocket of the pants that would rub against the gun.:mad: I suppose these holsters might work under the right circumstances.

Babalooie
09-10-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm looking at Mitch Rosen's 5JR-EXP and 5JR-PRES. Anyone have experience with either of these?

Dozer
09-11-2009, 06:47 AM
I am currently using a Mitch Rosen 5JR-EXP that I bought at the Kahr Shop. This is the primary holster I use for my K40. Very well made and comfortable. The only drawback is removing it requires undoing your belt. But, if it was something with belt loops that came off easy, it wouldn't be as tight to the body. I like it.

Babalooie
09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I am currently using a Mitch Rosen 5JR-EXP that I bought at the Kahr Shop. This is the primary holster I use for my K40. Very well made and comfortable. The only drawback is removing it requires undoing your belt. But, if it was something with belt loops that came off easy, it wouldn't be as tight to the body. I like it.

I have a few Alessi holsters for my S&W handguns and love 'em. To remove them you have to remove the belt; to me, that's no biggie. They're comfortable and secure and worth the trouble. IMHO, Alessi holsters are the best. I'm hoping Mitch Rosen holsters are of equal quality.

rock
09-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Alessi holsters are still being made. His daughter and another gentleman that was working with Lou are continuing the business. The web site needs some work but you can contact them.

Alessi Gun Holsters (http://www.alessigunholsters.com/)

Babalooie
09-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Alessi holsters are still being made. His daughter and another gentleman that was working with Lou are continuing the business. The web site needs some work but you can contact them.

Alessi Gun Holsters (http://www.alessigunholsters.com/)

That's a great idea. I saw their web site before and dismissed them, thinking they weren't in production yet. I'll give them a call. I really like their stuff.