PDA

View Full Version : new member

coonbait
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
i just found this site and been looking over past threads. i have the light weight mod. now for about 5yrs and only put about 2000 rds. through it with zero problems other that the sights stink, but i guess it was never intended to be a target rifle, so i drilled and taped it and put a red dot on it and i must say the gun will shoot some very small groups at 25yds. my question is what are the problems people are having with the lite weight models? and is there anything i should be looking out for? i really like the gun.

Bawanna
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't look for anything, if it's working for you your A ok! Speculation has it that the light weight will not last as long as the all steel heavy mutha due to the aluminum. I've always said the average guy will not shoot either enough to wear it out. It would be a proud day for me to say I shot out my Thompson or any other gun for that matter.

You are right, the sights do stink but also as you stated it's not a Camp Perry candidate and was designed full auto for spray and pray and it worked very well for that.

They really are heavy though. Even the lightweight is a chunk.

Wouldn't part with mine, the 1927A1 for anything. Probably come a day when I can't pick it up anymore but I'll still enjoy looking at it.

Flincher
12-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Welcome from another new Kahr owner from North Dakota

coonbait
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
thank you for putting my mind at ease with your info. i also doubt that i will ever wear it out, all i use it for is killing icycles that hang off of the cliff at the stone quarry i shoot at, but maybe one day my son or grandson will. hopefully it will not end up on some new gun ban list even though the last time one was ever used in a crime was in the 30's