PDA

View Full Version : New member yet to buy a Kahr.

Joecool5573
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I am in the market for a CW9. I have a few different guns. That I use for ccw. But don't have a compact 9mm. It's time! I have been wanting a Kahr for some time now!

Geobob
01-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Hello, JoeCool, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

I have a K9 (the all stainless verions of your CW9) that I bought used through Gunbroker. If you're not in a hurry, sign in to Gunbroker and save a search for the CW9...or whatever Kahr you want in the compact size, and they will email a list of the current auctions every day. Collect info on the ones you are interested in by conacting the seller, and bid on ones you may want. You can pick up a good Kahr for a few hundred dollars cheaper than buying new. If it has been cared for (which you can hopefully discern from your DD), you will have a great handgun and avoid the normal break-in period.

And, best wishes for a safe, prosperous New Year to you and yours.

Flincher
01-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Welcome from another new (old) guy from balmy North Dakota

Joecool5573
01-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. And thanks for the headsup on the gun broker auctions!

Sage
01-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Joecool.

Be sure to read "Proper prep of a new Kahr" in the Kahr-Tech section of the forum.

Gangplank
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Also check cabelas used guns. It on their site under "gun library".