PDA

View Full Version : Made in USA??

joistmanus
01-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Can somebody give me the skinny on which DE's are made in the USA if any?!

Found a new 44mag DE at a local gun shop in brushed chrome.....it has a rail on the top but is says on the slide that its made in Israel.

Does this mean it was made before 2009?? Acording to Magnum Research history it says all DE's starting in 2009 are made in the US.

Help!! :confused:

Bawanna
01-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I think although they now fall under the Kahr umbrella they are still made in Israel. I don't know if there's any plan to change that or leave as is.

If there was a chance that anything wouldn't be as good I'd much rather leave things as they are.

I love m 1911 G Desert Eagle, real shooter.

Be nice to be produced on American soil but being owned by an American company is a good start.

JustinN
01-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Short Answer: They are an American Company (always have been) with contracts in other countries, at times. Depending on when the Desert Eagle was made, it was made in Israel OR the US....just depends. If isn't pretty new, it was most likely Israeli, and I would almost suggest more sought after (IWI knows how to make a gun) than the 1995 to 1998 American versions. The 1911s are made by BUL in Israel (who has had contracts with Kimber on their Polymer Guns).

Long Answer:
The design was refined and the actual pistols were manufactured by Israel Military Industries until 1995, when MRI shifted the manufacturing contract to Saco Defense in Saco, Maine. In 1998, MRI moved manufacturing back to IMI, which later reorganized under the name Israel Weapon Industries. Both Saco and IMI/IWI were strictly contractors: all of the intellectual property, including patents, copyrights and trademarks are the property of Magnum Research. Since 2009 the Desert Eagle Pistol has been produced in the USA at MRI's Pillager, MN facility.

Magnum Research imported the IMI/IWI brand of pistols under the Baby Desert Eagle name until the end of 2008. The importation of the Baby Desert Eagle will resume in 2011 with the purchase of MRI by Kahr Arms. Other products from MRI include the DE1911G and DE1911C from BUL Ltd. in Israel and a striker fired polymer frame pistol from Walther in Germany, MR9 and MR40 Eagle. Featuring a Walther polymer frame with a stainless steel slide and barrel made in the US these innovative pistols are being introduced in 2011.

Chief Joseph
01-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Israel is one nation I would happily buy from. I just can't afford one of these. In fact I refuse to buy any products made by unions in the USA.