PDA

View Full Version : New member, new Kahr from Texas

queevil
01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a few weeks. It seems like a great place with friendly people.

In 2005 I purchased a black K40 with night sights. I instantly fell in love with the pistol. It was freakishly accurate and the weight of the weapon softened the .40 recoil. The only thing I didn't like was that the grip was too long to be able to carry without the the pistol occasionally printing through my under garmet. You see, I'm a slender person so when it comes to carrying shorter grips work better for me.

A few years after I bought the Kahr I sold it because I got into a cash bind. I've regretted it every since. Out of all the handguns I've sold over the years the K40 is the only one I've wanted back.

Well, today I aquired a K40 Covert complete with the box, literature, flush mag and extended mag. To top it off it is in PRISTINE condition! The previous owner either never shot it much or was meticulous about cleaning it. I doubt it was ever holstered or carried much as there are only a few superficial, light scratches on the stainless slide. I understand that the steel Covert models were discontinued some time in 2001 but here's the interesting thing. Amongst the literature was the original warranty card that the original owner filled out but never sent in. It states that the pistol was purchased on 10/24/98. This firearm is in amazing condition for being at least 14 years old. I'll email Kahr to find out when it was made. The trigger seems a little heavier compared to the first Kahr I owned, but it's still nice and smooth.

Anyway, I've got 120 rounds of various types of ammo and will purchase a few more boxes to break the pistol in.

Sorry about the long winded post but I'm stoked about having a Kahr again especially this particular one as it has the abbreviated grip thus allowing me to carry it easier than the one I sold. My finances are good nowdays but should they go south I won't let this one go even if it means living on peanut butter sandwiches without electricity temporarily.

Flincher
01-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Welcome to the forum from North Dakota. Enjoy that Kahr---none better!!

phil413tx
01-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Glad to have you in the forum....Welcome from another fellow Texan!

queevil
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks!

warbird1
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Welcome from South Alabama!

7shot
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Congrats on finding your favorite Kahr again!

queevil
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
The first k40 that I bought new with night sites in 2005 cost $579. It ain't like that anymore.

rjt123
01-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Glad to have you in the forum....Welcome from another fellow Texan!

And another Lone Star welcome from Corpus Christi. Wheabouts are you from?

queevil
01-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Waco

Geobob
01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Hello, queevil, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

Best wishes for a safe, prosperous New Year to you and yours.

queevil
01-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Thanks, Geobob.

MW surveyor
01-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome from another TEXAS! member. Cypress, TEXAS that is.