PDA

View Full Version : New to kahr from East Tennessee

Redneck
01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Hello folks new CM9 owner and impressed. Just have put 350 rds down range with this little jewel. No ftfs or ftes, has ran great so far and ready to be my edc. Im very impressed with the DAO trigger,lack of recoil and how accurate it is. Ive gotta try out a CW45 as soon as i find a rental or someone who has one. Question what brand of carry ammo have you found thats reliable through this lil gun? Thanks

JFootin
01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the forum, Redneck! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg

Kahr is right now introducing the CM45 at Shot Show. That is what I am interested in. I thought a lot about the CW45, but now that an affordable version of the PM45 is here, I gottahavit! :D

Flincher
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Welcome from balmy North Dakota

ripley16
01-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. I've got a brother in Louisville, who worked for TVA and Oak Ridge. My dad grew up in Knoxville. He sold his parents house to U.T. years ago. It sat on a lot that now has the Fiji fraternity house. Lots of family history in that area.

Can't answer the ammo question specific to the CM9 as I don't own one, but all of my Kahrs have fed and fired all 115 and 124 gr ammo I've used, both ball and hollow point.

Redneck
01-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks folks.Ripley i live about about 30 miles south of Louisville.

yqtszhj
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Welcome Redneck. But everyone knows people from middle/east Tennessee aren't rednecks, we're hillbilly's. Trust me on that. I live in Alabama now and I have learned the difference... LOL

Geobob
01-16-2013, 10:06 PM
Hello, Redneck, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

Best wishes for a safe, prosperous New Year to you and yours.

Booker T
01-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Hey Redneck, welcome to the family. Glad you have found what a great gun the CM9 is.
All of us that have one, love them. I also picked up a CW45 a couple months back and love it as well. The worst part is waiting for ammo to come back around so that I can shoot it more. Don't want to shoot up all my reserves, ya know.

Lots of different opinions on people's carry ammo of choice, but if you want to stick with a proven winner, you can't go wrong with Speer Gold Dot 124gr. in my opinion. Whether it's standard pressure or +P . They normally function great in a CM9.

Congrats and Good luck.

stickbow9
01-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Welcome from Monroe, Washington. Check out the Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel. Ljutic does some great work on ballistics so check his stuff out on this round. Perfect for our shorter barrels.

Sage
01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Welcome from a native Tennessean transplanted in Georgia. Glad you like your Kahr.