PDA

View Full Version : ABOUT THE CHILDREN by Massad Ayoob

MikeyKahr
01-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Cannily, the President surrounded himself with kids from early elementary school when he gave his "gun control" speech today. Since he speaks for the symbolism-side of this polarized debate, that was hardly unexpected.

It was a shame the young ones didn't get the chance to discuss it themselves. Suppose you asked a second-grader, "Kids, if a bad boy in your class took crayons and wrote all over the walls of your classroom, would it be right to take the crayons away from the boys and girls who behaved?"

I suspect the children would unanimously answer, "No! That's not fair! Take them away from the boy who did the bad thing, not the rest of us!"

And of course, they might also ask, "Where was the teacher? Why didn't the teacher stop the boy who did the bad thing with the crayons?"

THERE is the logical question: why wasn't someone there in Sandy Hook Elementary School who could stop Adam Lanza? Because we're not talking crayons here, we're talking innocent lives. The school custodian can scrub crayon graffiti from the school walls. We can never wash away the innocent blood that was spilled at Newtown, never paint over the grief of the bereaved.

A few weeks ago, when NRA's Wayne LaPierre explained that his organization wanted armed security in schools, the mainstream media and the anti-gunners alike excoriated him. One New York tabloid devoted its front page to a headline that said something like, "Gun Nut: NRA Loon In Bizarre Rant"

Yet this morning, our President said one of his own priorities was to put cops in schools in hopes of preventing a repeat of the Newtown Atrocity. Will the same New York tabloid run a headline tomorrow that reads, "White House Loon In Bizarre Rant"?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Because some people don't have the common sense of a seven-year-old.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2013/01/16/about-the-children/

muggsy
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
So, what else is new? Diminishing our rights is always done in the name of the children.

Longitude Zero
01-16-2013, 05:36 PM
The "If it saves even one child" BS is alive and well.

jocko
01-16-2013, 05:47 PM
The "If it saves even one child" BS is alive and well.

I heard that sh!t comeout of his mouth. Gee I wonder what the discussion was around the table before we dropped those two bombs onJapan, fully knowing we were gonna kill a 100K plus civilians.

I really would like to thinki peopleare gonna get tired of him dragging up those sandy school kids in trying to push his agenda. Peoplecan see through that sh!t real fast--I hope

But u gotta remember Obummer HATES THE NRA. they areableto buck him because over 4 mllion of us are united. He can't break through that barrier and I do think if the NRA gets hardnoses and works on these senators and congress, that a big win here couldjust well put an end to any more of this silly legislation in the future. I might be wrong here to, but his 23 executive orders baqsically was nadda in getting anything done either and I just don't see the senate or the house passing his ban sh!t. I liked it when Mitch McConnel said, the house will look at what the senate passes, Put the first step on the senatej. Make them show their hand. I think it won't fly past the house no matter what but it would be nice if the deom senate couldn't get it out either and it only takes a few demo senators to vote no to kill it. I can sesne Harrly Reed is not for it, he might cave but he knows how his people feel to and I don'tthink they ar eon the obummers side.

When u have twitts b!tches like feinstein who calls a rifle with a thumbhole stock an assualt rifle, u should know there is not gonna be any common sense talk with this twitt. Have u noticed that gun owners do seemto know what they are talkingabout but these politicians seems to have no clue...

Bawanna
01-16-2013, 06:00 PM
The sad truth is the majority are with him. Idiots one and all. I think they really buy the whole picture.

Common sense and logic are no longer very prevalent in society. Look what they elected for a president? Twice!

muggsy
01-16-2013, 07:32 PM
If Barrack Hussein Obama was truly concerned with saving the lives of children he would take his pen and sign an executive order banning abortion. If he did so, he could save the lives of a million children a year.

olympicmotorcars
01-16-2013, 08:14 PM
If Barrack Hussein Obama was truly concerned with saving the lives of children he would take his pen and sign an executive order banning abortion. If he did so, he could save the lives of a million children a year.

Amen Muggsy.

downtownv
01-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Copy and paste this everywhere

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

— Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

downtownv
01-17-2013, 02:24 AM
And let's not forget this wonderful man!

MikeyKahr
01-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Copy and paste this everywhere

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

— Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

Hey downtownv, the first line is from Mein Kampf but the rest is from a rabbi's fictional letter written in 2004. See reference here:

http://mobile.wnd.com/2004/01/22711/

JohnR
01-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Germany should have banned assault ovens. :cool: