PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the People's Republic of Illinois

Mike Brownhouse
01-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Hello, I'm new here, but not new to shooting. Years ago a K40 was the first .40 S&W that I ever fired. I liked it, a LOT, but I ended up going another way at the time. Some recent events led to a bit of soul-searching, and so I decided it was time to pick something up that had excellent stopping power, concealability, and light weight. Quality and affordability were considerations, and while capacity was also an issue, it wasn't as critical to me with a semi-auto. Based on my previous experience with the K40 and my general appreciation for .40 S&W, the MK40 jumped out at me. It was almost ideal, except I couldn't get my hands on one. That's when I saw a CM40 sitting at the LGS. I looked at it, and I liked it, but I kind of dismissed it as "just another polymer". I'm not opposed to polymer, I've had plenty of experience with them, but I was kind of set on a metal frame. But I did my research, including finding this site, and after a few hours of reading -- and when it finally sunk in that the CM was both more affordable AND lighter than the MK, with the same stopping power -- I decided to go with it. I'm extremely happy thus far. I'll post my experiences up to this point in the CM forum. Thanks to everyone for the great information here. I'm happy to finally be in the Kahr family.

yqtszhj
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found that cm40 too.

If you ever want to escape from Illinois those of us in other states are accepting firearm owners.

ultramag
01-18-2013, 05:11 AM
Welcome aboard from another newbie!!!

Flincher
01-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Welcome from balmy North Dakota

Mike Brownhouse
01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys. Work keeps me here at the moment, but I've got my eye on a few other states, for "someday".

wyntrout
01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
My daughter and ex-wife live in Marion and I have to go up there for gettogethers and hate being where I can't concealed carry... legally! I really don't see that changing up there with the corrupt bunch in Chicago and the gub'mint.

Wynn:)

Mike Brownhouse
01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
It's really too bad, because Illinois is a great state otherwise. But all the corruption and mismanagement here stems from Cook County generally, and Chicago specifically. It's funny how the "solution" to Chicago's problems is to make the rest of the state just like Chicago. Meanwhile, just a few minutes outside of the city limits, life hums along happily in free Indiana...

NoBite
01-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Welcome from the free Commonwealth of Kentucky. I, too, was once lost (living in IL), but now I'm found. Come on down whenever you want to feel free to exercise your individual rights. Glad to have you.

Sent using Tapatalk

addictedhealer
01-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Welcome from your gun loving screw the criminals brother state of Indiana. ;)

nuke
01-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Welcome! I WAS a fellow Illinois serf but got smart and am living in a "smarter" land.

Geobob
01-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Hello, Mike, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

stickbow9
01-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Welcome from Monroe, Washington. I almost pulled the trigger on a K40 for around $400, but have a compact .45 already and thought a CM9 would would be my entry into 9mm.