PDA

View Full Version : New member with a dilemma...

Glock23
01-17-2013, 08:41 PM
As you can see from my username, I'm a Glock guy, and I went with the .40 over the 9mm for the extra power.

Lately, I've had an itch for a new gun, and I've pretty much decided on the CM series. I was leaning toward the CM9, as I'm thinking the CM40 might buck a bit too much for its size. However, that's just a guess.

None of the local shops have the CM9 in stock...one has the CM40, but it's not a "try before you buy" kind of shop. So, I'm here asking those with experience.

I have no problem handling my Glock (though my wife refuses to try it lol), and honestly I would prefer the CM40, but I'd like some input as to how it handles.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jason4x4
01-17-2013, 10:05 PM
not sure about the Cm, but I have a P40, and it is no problem to handle, However, my wife doesn't like either of my Kahrs, the recoil spring is too stiff for her to rack them.

rjt123
01-17-2013, 10:05 PM
All Kahrs handle better than you might expect from their small size. One of the Kahr patents allows the bore axis to be lowered, which translates into better felt recoil. The .40s are snappy, no way around that. But if you can handle a Glock .40, you can handle the Kahr. Go for it!

rjt123
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
And welcome to the forum! Lots of great folks around here.

KoolBreeze
01-17-2013, 11:20 PM
I've never shot a CM40, but do own a CM9. I'd say the CM9 is a still fun to shoot "snappy". But it is considerably more snappy than my Browning Hi Power 9mm. My concerns with the CM40 would be would it be fun to shoot and how much longer would it take to get it back on target for follow-up shots? Other than that, I'm sure it would be fine.

Flincher
01-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Welcome from balmy North Dakota

JustinN
01-18-2013, 07:39 AM
I would say you've got the Glock to play with and shoot. Get the .40. You'll only need one kind of ammo then. You can shoot the Kahr enough to get good with it, practice with it enough to stay sharp, then get out the Glock when you feel the need to burn through a few hundred rounds just for fun....

Glock23
01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
So I decided on the CM40. Getting ready to walk out the door earlier to make the 45min drive to buy the gun and the mailman shows up...the Talon grips for my Glock came in. So I decide to go ahead and put them on before I go.

As I'm doing that, I get an "in stock" email from the place I usually buy my guns. There were 20 in stock when I got to the site, 12 in stock when I signed in, and 7 in stock when I got the price quote.

Click, bought, mine! And for $50 less than it would've cost me buying locally with sales tax and gas money and/or transfer fees.

And to top it all off, on my way to a local FFL to complete the purchase and fill out the paperwork, I saw my first Bald Eagle of the season (they show up in this part of Illinois for a few weeks every winter).

So Tuesday, I'll take possession of my very first Kahr. Now to order another set of Talons for the new addition lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Geobob
01-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Hello, Glock23, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

stickbow9
01-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Welcome from Monroe, Washington. I just got the CM9 after thinking about the difference between the 9 and 40. In the end, I figured that design may not be able to compensate for a 15 oz. gun as far as follow up shots. Good luck and I will be looking to follow your choice.

Bawanna
01-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Wow, a fellow Monrovian. We keep this up we'll catch up with them folks from Florida and the East Coast.

pm9fan
01-19-2013, 06:35 PM
I have a G27 and a PM40. The pm 40 is easy to control but take a box or two to settle into the sight picture and following shot process. Tough to beat the PM40 for ease of carry and conceal ability.

I also highly recommend the Crimson Trace for the PM40. Great combination in a very compact package.