PDA

View Full Version : First experience? Incomplete order of course

NortheastNOLE
01-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Ordered a magazine and a pair of pierce grips for a CM-9 I just bought, charged for each but when it showed up it was just the mag. The included packing list only listed the magazine whatever that means. Amazing that with only two items they still manage to seemingly ignore half the order.

Called the first time around 2:30 this afternoon, 8 minutes of waiting before being sent to voicemail, so I left a message. Call back around 4 pm, 11 minutes of waiting before voicemail this time. Incredibly unimpressive, if you're going to dump me to voicemail why do I have to wait 10 minutes first?

First and last order from them and certainly won't be buying or recommending their guns to anyone. Can't imagine how much more frustrated I'd be if I was having actual gun issues and couldn't reach them.

Bawanna
01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
I don't think anyone here can help you, your mind is made up.

Have a nice day.

NortheastNOLE
01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't think anyone here can help you, your mind is made up.

Have a nice day.

Quite helpful. You're right though, my mind is made up not based solely on my own experience, but on what I found about their shop after a few minutes of research.

Edit: Also, wasn't looking for help from anyone on here? I was simply sharing my experience.

Got a response to my email and they're on backorder apparently. That's one of those things you generally let your customers know about - a simple notation on the packing list of grips - "ON ORDER" would have sufficed.

Bill K
01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
I can understand your frustration. Maybe you just need to vent here a bit and then try again Monday morning? Could be half the shop is out with the flu or something like that. I've dealt a few times on the phone with Kahr with good success.

jocko
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
yup colonel, not worth wasting our time on this poster. He has all the answers. I notice that alot with posters who are authorities with only 2 posts to their name..
for me , not worht a good bye even. Just bye..

Bawanna
01-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Actually in hindsight the majority of the crew is probably at the SHOT show. This isn't offered as any viable excuse but I suspect the few left behind are hopelessly buried.

Of course goofs like this could happen anywhere. Their response although slow was probably considered low priority in lieu of them being short handed.

Given half a chance Kahr will take care of things, customer should always be # 1 and usually they are but sometimes things happen.

Didn't want to come across as ridiculing you or belittling you in any way but I sensed your mind was made up and that's ok.

NortheastNOLE
01-18-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm not saying Kahr is a horrible company and I'm going to throw my gun away, but that is pretty weak customer service from anyone selling anything. My order was made 7 days ago, partly filled and no mention of the other part being on backorder? No bueno.

To further explain my frustration; I bought the CM-9 to replace an XD-45 as a daily carry piece, but I'm not going to switch until I'm comfortable with my accuracy with the CM. I have very, very limited free time to get to the range with that free time decreasing even more starting next week.
My first few outings were not going well at all so I decided to order the grip (pinky extension for mag) with the idea being I would have this weekend to shoot a couple hundred rounds over the course of the weekend and see how I was doing. Thus my frustration when I get the order and its missing my grip I was banking on having this weekend - had they notified me of the back order status I would have been able to try and find it somewhere else.

Again, I have no beef with the product at all and 500 rounds in I have been quite pleased with performance of the gun itself. However, to me its all in the details and Kahr has failed me on the details.

jocko
01-18-2013, 03:21 PM
aw now ur trying to cover ur ass.

jocko
01-18-2013, 03:23 PM

ur quote: First and last order from them and certainly won't be buying or recommending their guns to anyone

sure in the hells sounds horrible to me..

MikeyKahr
01-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Whoa, when jocko quotes things stay spelled correctly. I thought maybe they would revert back to jockoese.

GROTMAN
01-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Whoa, when jocko quotes things stay spelled correctly. I thought maybe they would revert back to jockoese.

Probably was cut and paste :D.
As for kahr service I ordered a new recoil spring assembly on the 11th and received it on the 16th.. intact. I currently have over 2500 hundred rounds on the original and still working fine. Love my pm9!!

jocko
01-18-2013, 04:35 PM
well we all knows that companies some times screw up, but most and that incudes kahr does an excellent job of CS to. I hav ehad other companies d!ck me around before but why come on this fourm and ventto us and kinda piss us off while doing it. U know Grotman, if you had this issue I can rest assured u could have come on here and vented in such a way that would neer have gotten the type of reaction, for u would IMO doneit correctly.

Hell we certainly as forum members can make one feel better. Itis not our fault he fella is evidetnly happey with 500 good rounds out of hs gun. It also did 't bust his balls to call or wirte kahr to see why the rest of his order was not filled. I would certainly think kahrs busness has been hectic this past month. People are buying anything that goes bang..

certainly was cute and paste. to. Just sayin

muggsy
01-18-2013, 04:36 PM
I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered. Of course, I'm smart enough to check on availability first.

jocko
01-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Muggsy: ur quote I'm smart enough

is very very questionable. Just sayin

JustinN
01-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Your first post rips on the company and claims they're horrible, you'll never use them again or recommend them to anyone....because of one day....a Friday before a holiday DURING the SHOT show. There are a LOT of good experiences with their CS on this site....the company makes things right when given a chance, which you're not going to do. Not sure what else you expect from here...

Tinman507
01-18-2013, 05:48 PM
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o542/tinman507/hug_zpsf44128a3.jpg

jocko
01-18-2013, 05:51 PM
ur to much tinman: Just sayin

Bawanna
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Cute little fella, I could use a hug and a life.

jocko
01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm huggin u now, can'tu feel it. as far as a life, I amyself am still looking for my life, so ur on ur own there..

NortheastNOLE
01-18-2013, 07:22 PM

ur quote: First and last order from them and certainly won't be buying or recommending their guns to anyone

sure in the hells sounds horrible to me..

Trying to cover my ass? If I really cared wouldn't I create a new name and start fresh? And yes, that is what I said and I stand by it 100% - now please explain how that translates to me saying they were horrible?

I won't be recommending them because of the lack of attention to detail, nothing to do with the quality of the product.

Tinman507
01-18-2013, 07:25 PM
I think Jocko was replying to Bawanna.
Welcome to the forum, hope your issues get worked out.

NortheastNOLE
01-18-2013, 07:28 PM
I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered. Of course, I'm smart enough to check on availability first.

http://www.kahr.com/Grips/Kahr-Pearce-Grip.asp <<there or in the cart, where is there any mention of availability or anything of that nature? Not sure what I'm missing there?

NortheastNOLE
01-18-2013, 07:30 PM
It also did 't bust his balls to call or wirte kahr to see why the rest of his order was not filled. I would certainly think kahrs busness has been hectic this past month. People are buying anything that goes bang..

What? I most certainly did call multiple times as well as email them.

NortheastNOLE
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
I think Jocko was replying to Bawanna.
Welcome to the forum, hope your issues get worked out.

Thanks, they did email me back to let me know the grips were on backorder and will ship when they get them in.

Again, my whole beef here is that there was no mention of why part of my paid in full order wasn't shipped until I went out of my way to get an answer. Apparently my approach has upset a bunch of people and I have nothing more to say here - my sole purpose was to give my experience with them whether the masses like it or not.

Tinman507
01-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Ok, I understand.
Thanks for stopping by

RWillieK
01-20-2013, 06:37 AM
NortheastNOLE - I had the same experience - no forewarning that the part had been back ordered - just shipped what they had and let me discover the issue when the envelope arrived.

Bawanna
01-20-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't see this thread traveling anyplace good. So lets call it a brand new day and start over with a fresh outlook, a song in our heart and a smile or whatever passes for a smile on our face.

Welcome Northeast, it's not all perfect but it's not all that bad either.